You ensure correct accounting treatment and compliance with the multiple applicable accounting standards by providing coaching and guidance to the Junior Controller & Controller. You ensure alignment with your stakeholders and chain partners during month, quarter and year end, using the available tools and governance structure (such as the business drivers, balance sheet review).
Enjoy the challenge
- Ensure the correct processing, recording, classifying, consolidating, interpreting and analyzing of the financials for one of the clusters (P&L, Balance, Cash Flow) by providing guidance where needed and performing a review of the figures once posted
- Ownership of the monthly, quarterly and year end closing for the GL accounts of the accounting department and reporting thereof, this includes providing guidance to the Junior Controller and Controller when required. As a result, you and your cluster are contributing directly to the reporting of monthly actuals and our quarterly bond report for our external stakeholders
- Ownership and full control over the GL accounts of your cluster, sub administrations and corresponding files, according to and complying with the ICOFR standard by reviewing the work of others and providing instruction where needed
- Continuous challenge and support for your cluster and yourself on improving the quality and set up of our financial processes in order to realize better, faster and "first time right" accounting and meet the challenging objectives
This is what you’ll do:
As controller at VodafoneZiggo you are responsible for the timely, correct and complete accounting of our Gross Profit revenues and related costs for the entire cluster. You will have joint interaction with other departments within Finance Operations, Business Intelligence (ICT), commercial teams and other internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, you continuously challenge your team and yourself on improving the quality and set up of our financial processes in order to realize a ‘better & faster’ accounting. Additionally, you continuously challenge your team and yourself on improving the quality and set up of our financial processes in order to realize a ‘better & faster’ accounting.
Write history, shape the future.
Together with 4 colleagues you make up the Gross Profit accounting team. Your team is part of Finance Operations, which focuses on a wide range of activities including accounting, financial control, treasury and accounts payable. Maastricht will be your home base.
This is where you will feel at home. Thanks to:
- An office that reflects VodafoneZiggo’s identity: digital!
- Easy access to public transportation + inner city fun;
- A welcoming office, with a beautiful view over the Maas river
VodafoneZiggo connects millions of people and organizations. This is how we create value. For individuals. And for society as a whole. From our technicians and customer support professionals, to all of our office staff; our 8.000+ colleagues are eager to drive that positive change. To do so, we share three values: Open Up, Team Up and Step Up. These represent thinking positively, listening to and learning from each other, with a focus on collaboration, plus a penchant for thinking and acting out of the box. That calls for people who dare to transcend their comfort zone and face challenges with a welcoming smile. Is that you? Let’s meet up!
Do it your way
And dare to grow. All roads are open as controller at VodafoneZiggo. You are results driven and show initiative for continuous improvement. It is super easy for you to switch between detailed analyses and process or project activities. Robust stakeholder management, project management and presentation skills are second nature for you. The Ability to work effectively in a changing & agile digital environment is not a challenge for you. Last but not least, you have experience with coaching and managing a team.
Got what it takes?
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum of 5-8 years' experience within Accounting or Financial Services (preferably a large, international enterprise)
- Professional accounting qualification or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Experience working with Excel, Word, ERP (Oracle and SAP) and HFM
- Knowledge of IFRS/US GAAP
- Experience using business intelligence tools and data processing frameworks and basic knowledge of reading and writing SQL
Did you check all the boxes, but do personal circumstances require something extra, such as flexible working hours or workplace adaptations? We can accommodate that!
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour working week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A gross salary between 3800,00 and 4600,00 per month, plenty of growth potential and an attractive bonus plan to boot
- 20 days of paid leave
- A monthly Benefit Budget of 14.95% of your gross salary. To use as you see fit! Put money aside for an adventurous (or super leisurely) holiday? Save up for a sabbatical? Take a few extra days off? Or simply spend the extra cash on whatever you fancy? It is up to you!
- Unlimited Learning! Take an online programming course and discover the developer in yourself. Teach yourself Dutch in online Dutch classes. The VodafoneZiggo menu has thousands of educational choices – an all you can learn experience!
- A voucher for a smartphone, and a Vodafone subscription to go with it. And yes, you can use it for personal calls as well.
- Discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products and services
- A worry-free pension plan that also allows you to save extra
- An NS-Business Card tailored to your personal travel habits. Including a 1st class option, that you can even use for personal trips /
- The option to work part-time
- Flexibility: work where and when you perform your best
- We value social impact. You can participate in social initiatives during work hours and increase your positive contribution. An example? By joining our Online Masters program, you can teach children how to navigate the digital world safely and responsibly.
- Setbacks in your personal life? We offer excellent (financial) arrangements to minimize the impact of adversity. For example when you are unable to work.
- Substantial discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and (much) more
Apply for the position of controller. Questions? Call or app Recruiter Lotte Bijleveld at 06-21360339 or mail to email@example.com . You’ll have all the answers soon!
- We will let you know in 7 days if we’d like to meet*
- Are we both positive about that first talk? Then we’ll invite you to our online TalentPitch, for a Culture Fit and a Braingame exercise. To speed up the process, we also schedule a second or third meet-up straightaway!
- Are all systems go? Then we’ll make you a job offer
- A pre-employment screening is part of the hiring process
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, our first meeting is online. Check this page to learn about our full range of measures and procedures.
This job vacancy is part of our search for a new VodafoneZiggo colleague.
It is NOT to be used for purposes of acquisition.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist