Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.In short
You are an experienced team leader, with a strong background in IT and ISC related processes. You lead a team of Solution Architects and Project Consultants working in this domain. Together with the team and in close cooperation with (senior) business stakeholders you drive the optimization and harmonization of the IT landscape used by the Integrated Supply Chain function.
You are part of the Center of Expertise (CoE) Information Management (IM) department within AkzoNobel, which is responsible for providing sustainable, efficient, robust and secured workplace & core IT solutions. You will work in the domain of Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) of our paints and coatings company. You will encounter a big challenge to harmonize the IT landscape together with your team. You will find an open, professional and supportive IM culture.
As Functional Domain Lead you will have the overall responsibility for the ISC domain. Together with your team of nine Solution Architects and eight Project Consultants, you make sure that the ISC domain works well. That means that the domain needs to serve the business well, IT functionality improves continuously and that you have the buy-in of the business to take decisions in order to standardize and harmonize the IT landscape.
You will work on three of our locations on a regular basis: Arnhem, Sassenheim and Amsterdam. The team is located in these locations as well as other countries around the world.What will you do?
You are responsible for the overall IT domain ISC. You guide and manage the Solution Architects and make sure the Enterprise Architecture (EA) is leading in the work. You also work closely with Business Information Managers and senior (business) stakeholders to ensure overall business alignment and overall signoff of plans and IT roadmaps. You guide and support the Project Consultants in their project- and major change work. As Team Lead you are responsible to keep skills and capabilities of the Solution Architects and Project Consultants within the ISC domain on the right level and develop them further.
What tasks and duties are associated to this position?
You will be part of the IM CoE leadership team (LT) and inform about status and development of the ISC Domain, and you report directly to the Director CoE IM.
• Manage a global team of Solutions Architects and Project Consultants from a people management, career development and employee engagement point of view
• Have overall responsibility for solution architecture within the domain in line with EA strategy
• Be responsible for high level IM alignment and interaction between other domains in the IM CoE, IM demand managers and IM Global Business Services (GBS) on required functionality, solutions and ways of working
• Build strong relationships with key senior staff within AkzoNobel ISC function together with the respective IM demand managers
• Be responsible for the team capability development and resource planning for Project Consultants
• Be jointly responsible for other IM CoE domains for overall integration across functional areas and applications
• Drive innovations, harmonization, rationalization, simplification efforts and value extraction based on business demand
• Coordinate the overall planning and translation of IM demand and high-level requirements into architecture road maps and solutions within the domain
You have a deep extensive knowledge on the ISC domain, understanding the business context in which IT operates. You are at your best when taking the lead, ensuring structure and direction and guiding the globally operating business to be successful. You support and developed your independently working team to play that role as well.
You have several years of experience in Solution Architecture and IT projects, in various roles. You have a proven track record in domain leadership. You love to lead an international team of professionals and to take it to the next level. You are good in keeping the overview and balance between the long-term and the short-term impact. You can drive harmonization and innovation. You possess excellent communication and stakeholder management skills. You have full proficiency in English. Another language is an asset.What do you bring?
• More than 5 years of experience as team lead
• More than 15 years of experience in IT sector, including experience in domain leadership and preferably within ISC function
• Excellent stakeholder management skills; used to work in a strong Global Process Organization (GPO) in which influencing skills are indispensable
• Very well organized, helicopter view, long-term vision combined with active and steering attitude
• Great communication skills, able to organize projects, give workshops, translate IT in business language and vice versa
• Master degree (or equivalent) in Information Management, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field
AkzoNobel is consistently rated as one of the top employers in The Netherlands. You will join a company that is committed to achieving real sustainability. At a personal level you will also benefit from:
• a competitive salary with an above average number of annual holidays;
• participation in the AkzoNobel pension plan;
• opportunities for education that will help you to grow beyond this role.
We welcome your online application, reference 3950. Please share your CV and motivation letter with us. Please note that we only consider applications via the system, not by mail.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact Ariane Kräutner, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, mail TalentResourcing.NL@akzonobel.com.
An employment screening will be part of the selection process. Feedback is expected to be given by the end of September. This takes longer than usual due to the holiday season.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 3950