AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.In short
You understand to convert business requirements in technical designs in API and ESB platforms and make sure projects are executed as planned by supporting the Project Managers in delivering the project within the defined scope, and providing platform expertise.
You will work on the IM Center of Expertise under Cross-Platform Domain, along with a team of 6 Solution Architects and 7 experimented Project Consultants. You will be responsible to translate requirements into a technical solution and describing it through architecture and design and collaborate with projects and changes execution.
You act in two roles, as Solution Architect and Project Consultant.
What are the main IT domains?
As a Solution Architect main responsibility, among others are;
• Supports Business in writing project charters and translation into Technical requirements.
• Translate requirements into technical solutions and architecture within agreed Enterprise Architecture roadmaps.
• Ensure solutions compatible with (technical) architecture to ensure compliance with strategy, policy, guidelines, budget, and operational supportability and establish impact assessment.
• Ensure quality and consistency with technical design for deployments.
• Performs complex analysis (e.g. scenario analysis), on own and other impacted domains and advise on business impact, (process) optimization, implementation planning and approach, cost and effort.
As a Project Consultant main responsibility, among others are;
• Supports the project manager in delivering the project within the defined scope, time utilization and budget.
• Provide functional expertise in the project in the relevant domain.
• Work with the (Solution) Architecture team to ensure that standards are implemented consistently.
• Provide knowledge and project experience back to Solution Architecture teams.
• Identification, analysis, mapping and documentation of information needs of current and future processes/systems.
• Ensures that requirements defined in solution description are implemented accordingly
Mainly you have expertise in the following domains:
• ESB platforms Webmethods
• B2B Integration Scenarios
o Customer EDI
o eWarehouse EDI
o Logistic Service Providers
o Supplier EDI
• SAP – IDoc processing
• Protocols: AS2/HTTPS/SOAP/SFTP/FTP
• Messaging Format: X12, EDIFACT, SAP IDoc, CDIX, Text file, XML
• Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment and Release Management using AzureDevOps or similar tools
• Windows Server and MS SQL DB medium knowledge
Ideally you also have experience in the following domains:
Who are you?
• Other ESB Platforms and API Gateways such as SAP PO, BizTalk and ETL SSIS
• Microsoft Azure. (Integration; Azure Service Bus, Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps, Azure API Management)
• A2A Integration for SAP systems
• Automated configuration management technologies (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, or similar)
• WebMethods Flow
• JAVA, C#, .NET programming
• Monitoring Technologies (ELK/Elasticsearch, Grafana or similar)
• Experience integrating and deploying servers, databases, web and application servers, load balancers
You are an experienced Solution Architect and Project Consultant with great stakeholder management and communicative skills. You speak IT and business language and can influence internal and external stakeholders.
Besides you have strong analytical skills over multiple technical domains to identify opportunities and solutions.
Overall, you rapidly understand functions and capabilities of new IT trends and technologies.What do you bring?
• Master/ bachelor’s degree in business management, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field of study
• Solid technical solution architecture experience with modeling and/or infrastructure / application architecture design frameworks (TOGAF), tools, technologies, methodologies
• Experience with consulting or business roles
• Demonstrable IT project execution and delivery experience within one or more relevant functional or technical domains
• Broad and deep knowledge and experience with relevant technology platforms
Key generic competences:
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
• Strong analytical skills over multiple technical domains to identify opportunities and solutions
• Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new trends and technologies
• Leadership Team experience
• Ability to influence internal and external parties
• Able to communicate clearly through a variety of media
• Fluent in written and spoken English
We welcome your online application, reference 2956. Please share your CV and motivation letter with us. Please note that we only consider applications via the system, not by mail.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact Ariane Kräutner, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, mail TalentResourcing.NL@akzonobel.com.
Feedback is expected to be given by mid-September due to the holiday season. An employment screening will be part of the recruitment process.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 2956