Transforming VodafoneZiggo into an agile, data-driven organization. It’s not a small ask. So we have 200 colleagues in our Business Intelligence Competence Center (BICC) working on it. Challenging? You bet! Because when we say ‘big data’, we mean it. Our BI specialists chew on, crunch, correlate and corral terabytes of customer behavior, network and content data. In order to locate the gems in this huge data landscape, they need access to a fast, robust, scalable and secure cloud service environment. The landing zone is there. Can you leverage our public cloud’s full potential?
Enjoy the challenge
- You flesh out the cloud solution and continually enhance the AWS landing zone
- You contribute to one of the largest projects we have embarked on: beaming up terabytes of BI-related data from a huge variety of sources to the cloud
- You monitor cloud performance and tweak what needs tweaking
- You keep close tabs on the BI development community: how can we make coding life easier?
- You are the guardian of the customer galaxy, ensuring that solutions adhere to the highest security, privacy and safety principles
This is what you’ll do
Because we want BICC’s cloud solution to put in a lot of hard work for our developers, this role requires more than ‘just’ technical agility. Meeting – yes, socially distanced for now – with developers, so you know what solutions they need at any given time, is an integral part of the job. Your ambition: to deliver a cloud platform at scale, with strict security levels, the right control mechanisms, and the required speed and flexibility. One more fact to (hopefully) seal the job deal? This is the perfect time to team up, because we are migrating a huge on-premise data infrastructure to the cloud. And the way we tackle that? That’s up to you and your colleagues to decide. Nothing is set in stone and we embrace a ‘chose use own tooling’ philosophy. Write history and shape a bright BI future with us!
Do it your way
And claim your freedom. All roads are open as Cloud Engineer at VodafoneZiggo. We trust in your craftsmanship, so if you dream up a novel approach (and can convince four open-minded but deeply knowledgeable colleagues of its potential), go for it! To be successful in this role, it is important that you combine ?“ hard skills with a team player mentality and a fun-loving attitude. If you are allergic to bad jokes and dive for cover when you get feedback, ours might not be your landing zone after all.
Got what it takes?
- Hands-on experience with public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP). Certifications welcome!
- Linux, shell scripting, CI/CD, DevOps, containerized environments and cloud monitoring tools won’t break out laughing when you fire them up
- Deep understanding of web and database technologies, ditto knowledge of cloud-based architecture concepts and their design elements
- You subscribe to security by design, authentication/authorization and encryption. Experience in setting up control frameworks? Then we’ll roll out the red carpet even further!
- A willingness to contribute to architecture designs and continuous infra improvements
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour work week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A salary, with potential for growth and an attractive bonus scheme
- An ambitious employer, who recognizes that when you develop, VodafoneZiggo develops. Which is why we offer education and training opportunities and provide possibilities to take your next career step(s) here, too
- 20 days paid vacation, with an option to buy up to 40 additional days off
- You also receive a monthly Benefit Budget of 14,95% of your gross salary; you can use this to put money aside for vacation plans, save up additional sabbatical leave, buy extra days off, or you can simply take the cash. The choice is yours!
- You get a voucher for a phone, and (of course) a Vodafone subscription to go with it. Which you are also welcome to use for private calls.
- As an ambassador of our organization, you obviously get discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products
- With an eye to your retirement, we offer a pension scheme that also allows you to save for extra retirement income
- We offer an NS-Business Card of your choice, including the option of a 1st class train pass that you can also use privately
- If you want, you can work for us part-time
- Flexibility: work when and where you perform at your best
- A great office environment, directly adjacent to Utrecht Central Station. Our Central Office is a work and meeting space for colleagues as well as customers, complete with an Experience Center and store
- We value social impact. You can take part in several initiatives in this area, during work time. For example the Online Masters program, in which you teach kids how to navigate the digital world responsibly
- We also offer good (financial) arrangements if you find yourself going through a rough patch, such as our disability plan
- And we offer discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and more
Uren per week: