Non-Financial Risk Officer X / function specialism ‘Compliance Risk Management’.
Bank Mendes Gans N.V. (BMG) is part of ING Wholesale Banking. We have a vacancy for a Compliance Officer and delegate Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO), with a key focus on the KYC and transaction monitoring area. We are looking for a colleague who has experience in a compliance and/or MLRO role or related function (e.g. Legal, CAS, KYC) and who has the right skills and personality to fulfill this role in a dynamic organization. We offer an interesting and challenging job in a dedicated and enthusiastic team.
BMG is an independent bank that is a 100% subsidiary of ING Bank. We have intensive co-operation with our ING colleagues. You will be part of an enthusiastic team with more than 200 colleagues. We are located in Amsterdam City Center.
We offer cash pooling and netting services to large (mostly listed) multinationals and their subsidiaries worldwide (‘treasury services for treasurers’). Our products enables our clients to optimize the use of their bank balances within their company. Numerous worldwide well-known brands are customer of BMG.
Whatever your professional skills are, as an employee of BMG you should recognize yourself in the following characterizations:
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Dedication to your job;
- True hands-on mentality.
- A challenging environment with a team of dedicated colleagues;
- A customer centric and result driven mentality with professional, high quality standards;
- An organization that values initiative and entrepreneurship;
- Proud on our history, products and company culture.
You will work at the Operational Risk and Compliance department of BMG. The main tasks and responsibilities of this department are:
- Monitoring and measuring the compliance, operational, IT and personal & physical security risks of BMG in a 2nd line role. Ensure that these are in conformity with the desired risk levels;
- Supporting the 1st line in meeting requirements resulting from ING’s non-financial risk framework (“NFR Framework”). Supporting them to find the optimal balance between managing non-financial risks and realizing operational, commercial and financial targets;
- Offering specialist knowledge and advice regarding non-financial risks to the BMG organization;
- Performing monitoring activities to verify proper functioning of processes and controls;
- Participating in various changes, for example related to implementation of new and updated ING policies and external requirements. But also, in changes regarding product, process or IT changes and improvements;
- Liaison for BMG with various other ING departments, the external auditor and supervisory authorities.
Your main tasks will be as follows:
- Performing tasks as a compliance officer and deputy MLRO;
- Currently the focus is on FEC compliance (i.e. MLRO advices re. CDD, screening, post transaction monitoring). In addition to FEC compliance related tasks, you also focus on the full range of other (non-FEC) compliance risks;
- Although your focus will primarily be on compliance, you must see where compliance links with other non-financial risk areas, such as operational, IT and Legal risks as in current world risk types are more and more mingled;
- You handle cases in cooperation with your colleagues and with your experience you support your colleagues and enable to grow in their roles;
- It is also important that you help 1st line to assume their responsibilities regarding compliance and to become more mature. This means, among other things, knowledge transfer, improvement of processes and challenge where necessary.
- Ensure that the 2nd line can focus more on tactical and strategic issues. Be pro-active in signaling relevant internal and external developments (e.g. legislation and policies) and trends. Translate these into possible impact for business processes;
- Monitoring the yearly “NFR” cycle” (e.g. Business Environment Assessments, Risk Assessments, Key Control Testing) from Compliance perspective;
- Contributing to meeting ING reporting requirements (e.g. quarterly risk reports, compliance sign-off’s);
- Contribute in preparing the monthly meetings of the Non-Financial Risk Committee and 2nd line contributions to Know Your Customer and Customer Integrity Risk Committees (KYC and CIRC);
- Initiating and executing compliance monitoring activities.
- Analysis of (compliance) incidents, using the outcome in improving the business and preventing reoccurrence;
- Participating in various projects in the field of non-financial risks from a 2nd line perspective;
- Liaising with other ING departments (WB Compliance, WB MLRO, Corporate Audit Services), Dutch Central Bank and external auditors. Liaising with other BMG 1st and 2nd line departments.
For the job description see JCF Non-Financial Risk (502095-11 Officer Non Financial Risk C), function specialism ‘Compliance Risk Management”.
Skills and knowledge:
Essential skills and knowledge:
- University degree (preferably Law or Economics) or equivalent (e.g. bachelor’s degree with proven academic thinking level);
- Experience in the field of compliance. Or alternatively in a legal environment related to supervisory laws or in compliance audits;
- Communicative skills, able to explain compliance requirements to the business so that they can take their 1st line responsibility to manage the non-financial risk framework;
- Team player, good communication skills and able to work under time pressure;
- Has the soft skills to convey the message both verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization.
- Hands-on mentality and service minded;
- Able to work independently. Drive to succeed and finalize tasks in time. Drive to deliver a high quality of work;
- Can take a stand as a representative of 2nd line function. But also has awareness that satisfying customer needs is our reason for existence;
- Be able to deal with multiple tasks at the same time;
- Preferably proficient in Dutch (verbal and written). Proficient in English (verbal and written).
It is important that there is a match between your personal skills and mentality and that of the department and organization.
Salary & benefits
Job is scaled in grade 11. Dependent on experience salary scale 10 or 11 will be applicable. The job is a permanent position (36 or 40 hours per week). The ING Collective Labor Agreement applies.
How to apply
Apply directly online. Please enclose your CV as well as your motivation letter in English.