At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are leading the cloud revolution. As a Customer Solutions Manager you will work with the largest and most complex enterprises in the world, to enable their multi-year journey to the cloud. In this new, highly visible, role you will ensure that all AWS teams work together effectively and efficiently to deliver for the customer.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be a trusted advisor to your customer. You will leverage your program management, technical, organizational, and transformation expertise to understand your customer's business and strategic goals, translate them into an executable plan, and drive the implementation to success by working with the customer, AWS, and our partners. You will understand your customers' biggest IT challenges, and provide prescriptive guidance, based on AWS best practices, to guide them through the obstacles.
You will take end-to-end ownership of a diverse range of projects and initiatives, utilizing your communication skills to interface with and influence a broad range of multi disciplinary teams (sales, solutions architecture, support, product, professional services, partners). The Customer Solutions Manager role is responsible for cloud transformational programs (technical, operational, organizational, education) that span across traditional IT teams and business units.
With a deep understanding of your customer's business vision, culture and processes, you will be your customer's voice within AWS, ensuring that their needs are accurately communicated to AWS leadership, product, and engineering teams. You will evangelize AWS services and influence customers to adopt the right solution at the right time. You should be passionate about delivering a great customer experience by deploying AWS solutions, driving innovation, and delivering successful migration programs.
In addition to your customer facing responsibilities, you will help shape the rapidly growing Customer Solutions Management function, where your passion to define and implement standard processes, methodologies, and tools will be highly valued.
Successful candidates will have a technical program management background, be detail driven, and have experience in managing virtual teams to deliver complex programs. You will be a passionate and proven leader with the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, communicate confidently at both the executive and project team level, and collaborate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams, regardless of geographical or organizational boundaries. You will be a natural problem solver with a cool head, that can deal with ambiguity and work autonomously to drive the deliver results for your customer.
· 10+ years leading complex, large scale, IT/technical/engineering programs
· 7+ years in a senior customer facing role
· Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, math or equivalent experience
· Superior written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information at the C-suite/VP level
· Experience working with current technologies (especially cloud)
· Self-motivated problem solver who thrives in a dynamic and customer-focused environment
· Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, respond to customer needs quickly and effectively, and adaptive to change
· Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly
· Demonstrated leadership through influence
· Business English and German language skills, Czech would be an advantage but is not mandatory
· Robust understanding of key technology and market trends
· Experience in Healthcare and Life Sciences
· Prior experience working in a technology sales organization
· Direct experience in implementing AWS/cloud services
· Deep understanding of software development/engineering life-cycle from conception to delivery
· PMP, Prince2, PgMP, SAFe or SCRUM/Agile certified
· Working experience as a SCRUM master or leading a SAFe program
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.