AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.In short
You are a driven, hands on data scientist, experienced in translating data to insights (risks and controls) to support Internal Audit for their analysis and motivated to lead data science and analysis projects in collaboration with two Internal Auditors.What will you encounter in this position?
You work as Data Scientist for the Internal Audit department (NL - Arnhem/ NL - Amsterdam) and support in its strategy to transform into a more data driven Internal Audit function. With your expertise and knowledge, you will be the constant factor of a data analysis team which further exists of two constantly rotating Internal auditors.
You will work at a multinational company with a divers and inclusive business culture, which encourages a fact-based data analysis for business demands in order to enable even better insights to further improve our decision-making.What will you do?
As Data Scientist you enable value-added insights via development and execution of data analytics and data visualizations to support the global internal audit function. Next, you guide rotating Internal Auditors in data projects. With your good communication skills, you listen to the business demand, conduct data analysis and transform to clear insights for Internal Audit for further analysis.What tasks and duties are associated with the role?
In this role you…
Support internal audit in identifying risk areas, planning, audits and review of controls testing using different Data Analytical tools and techniques
• Translate requirements from Internal audit in obtaining an understanding of business data and translate into useable analytics/insights
• Obtain the necessary data (and tools) to identify, design and develop insights
• Design and develop advanced risk analytics to support (annual) audit plan
• Provide central, independent, common and easy access to key data for audit work
• Building strong relationships with stakeholders to support our data access and analytical capability to meet current and future requirements
Support the wider development and deployment of Data Analysis skills and competencies within AkzoNobel Internal Audit Function
• Provide internal audit staff training in use of data analytics tools / developments / techniques
• Update audit staff on new developments
You are analytical, a critical thinker and you are driven to find the best solution by consulting the latest insights about data analysis. You deliver on commitment and meet the deadlines; thus, you are an effective project manager. Besides you are excellent in communicating with different stakeholders and use to present your analysis. You have an open mind-set, are at your ease with numbers and able to work with different cultures.
You are a driven Data Scientist with at least five years of experience in data analytics, preferably in a large international manufacturing company. You are used to translate data analysis in business language. Ideally you have experience in (Internal) Audit.What do you bring?
• 5 years of data analytics experience, ideally in public accounting or a large internal audit function
• Understanding of various data structures and common methods in data transformation
• Experience with data processing, database programming and visualization tools (such as… ETL, SQL, Alteryx, IDEA, Power BI, Celonis, Sap Analytics Cloud…..)
• Bachelor or Master preferably in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Auditing or similar fields
• Professional skepticism, sensibility to deadlines and excellent communication skills
We welcome your online application, reference 3868. Please share your CV and motivation letter with us. Please note that we only consider applications via the system, not by mail.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact Ariane Kräutner, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, phone: +31 (0)6 29 533119 mail: TalentResourcing.NL@akzonobel.com.
An employment screening will be part of the selection process. Feedback is expected to be given by the end of July or beginning of August.
Agency calls are not appreciated.Become part of an outstanding company
AkzoNobel is consistently rated as one of the top employers in The Netherlands. You will join a company that is committed to achieving real sustainability. At a personal level you will also benefit from:
• a competitive salary with an above average number of annual holidays;
• participation in the AkzoNobel pension plan;
• opportunities for education that will help you to grow beyond this role.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 3868