Compliance Officer Market and Organisational Conduct
ING Corporate Compliance is looking to hire a Compliance Officer/Expert Market and Organisational Conduct. As a Compliance Expert, your purpose is to help protect ING against market abuse, anti-competition, conflicts of interest and other related market and organizational risks.
This is a challenging opportunity for an open-minded professional with a compliance, legal or non-financial risk background and with strong project management skills.
The position is based within the ING Corporate Compliance department in Amsterdam.
Would you like to work in an area:
What you’ll do
As Compliance Expert Market & Organisational Conduct
- Based on national and international legislations and trends/developments, you maintain one or more global policies, guidelines and procedures in at least one of the following areas: market abuse, anti-competitive conduct, conflicts of interest and/or regulatory registration.
- Together with other compliance experts, you are further identify and set standards for the compliance risks that fall within the scope of the new team Market and Organisational conduct Risks.
- You deliver advice and oversight (monitoring & reporting) on the implementation and operating effectiveness of the policies, procedures and controls throughout the global ING organization.
- You implement concrete project plans that guide cross-learning and continued improvements across different business units and regions.
- You engage relevant (internal/external) stakeholders in all of your activities.
- You participate in the development of some key compliance processes from a ING group perspective.
Your work environment
- The Market and Organisational Conduct Team is part of the Corporate Compliance department (based in Amsterdam) (2nd Line of Defence).
- A challenging environment that is currently going through a transformation.
- An informal working environment with dynamic and experienced colleagues who strive for the very best.
- High ambitions where proactivity and initiative are being embraced.
- You are an experienced professional with a compliance, legal, non-financial risk and/or project management background;
- You are a good communicator, being able to convey complex messages in simple ways both orally and on paper;
- You have participated in several projects related to regulatory change;
- You are flexible: you can work in more than one regulatory risk area and enjoy a variety of activities ranging from writing, stakeholder interactions, development of processes or data analysis for example.
- You embrace innovation: in systems, ways of working and ways of thinking;
- You work independently, think and act out of the box and take accountability;
- You are a team player, you trust others and can be trusted;
- You enjoy cross-border interactions and alignment;
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values.
How to succeed
- > 8 years of experience in the first or second line of defense working on compliance/non-financial risk management activities such as conducting risk (self) assessments, key control testing; working with risk frameworks, issue management, non-financial risk reporting;
- > 5 years of experience working in at least one of the following risk areas: insider trading, market manipulation, anti-competitive conduct, conflicts of interest and/or other related market/organizational conduct risks;
- You have a university degree in at least one of the following areas: business administration, economy, behavioral risk m or (business) law;
- You have experience in developing policy documents based on legislations and stakeholder interactions;
- You enjoy learning, sharing and you have innovative mindset;
- You are team player with strong interpersonal skills, who is able to build effective working relationships and thrive in a diversified and multicultural work environment;
- You are flexible: you adjust approaches and seek different paths in a targeted manner.
- Your written & spoken English is excellent.
What we offer
A job from 36 or 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working so that new ideas come to life.
- With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.
Are you interested?
Please click on Apply, upload your CV & Motivation letter and join the Compliance team at ING. The application process consists of at least 2 interviews, in which we request both knowledge & skills and behavior & competences. Because this is a sensitive position, an extensive safety investigation will also be conducted.
Please fill-in your motivation letter (please fit into 1 page), and provide it combined with your up-to-date resumé through the vacancy.
Motivation: What attracts you to this position?
Explain your motivation in terms of:
- plans & ideas you have
- the fit with your own ambition & plans
- why you think you are a good fit in terms of technical skills, management skills and behavioural skills/orange code