In this role, you have the opportunity to
• Become co-owner of the systems supporting financial Performance Management for both planning and (internal) reporting at every level of the Philips organization.
• Coach and motivate a high performing team of developers and operation specialists (admins).
• Work in a fast paced environment.
• Support Philips in its transformation in view of new business models. We are in the process of redefining the overarching principles and the design of how financial information is structured and made available in order to support performance management. Based on this design, a new, integrated platform between the financial and management accounting with embedded planning capability is being developed as an enabler for fast and effective decision-making.
You are responsible for
You are part of the Integral Result Management (IRM) team owning the internal reporting tool for managing financial performance (Performance Management Accounting a.k.a. PMA) as well as the different SAP BPC platforms. Those responsibilities include:
• Ensure quality and timely process output for presenting information to finance leadership
• Drive the operational excellence of the PMA reporting cycles by deploying lean principles, identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to automate processes including reconciliation of data, reporting, and analysis.
• Drive the operational excellence of the Planning cycles by deploying lean principles, identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to standardize the processes, reduce or eliminate data movements, embed business acumen and data analysis in the preparation of the planning baseline.
• Evaluate impact and advise prioritization of individual projects.
• Own and design new and/or current system enhancements, organize the delivery of changes, upgrade (system) procedures and implement other improvements using flexibility and scalability as design principles to support new/future business initiatives
• Develop and conduct training sessions for users within the Finance Group. Support other FP&A staff in their daily use of the back-office systems. Provide expert-level support for the financial system/s and processes in scope.
• Work with team members as people manager, to resource, coach, and motivate a high performing team of developers and operation specialists to drive the financial planning and reporting processes. to optimize and implement the required integration strategies between our applications (internally) as well as with the systems connected to supply to or receive data from those (externally).
You are a part of
Finance Management Systems (FMS) within the Financial Planning & Analysis department. This group is responsible for the maintenance and implementation of financial systems for the full FP&A pillar within the Philips Finance Function.
Your regular work location will be Amsterdam/ Eindhoven, in the Netherlands.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Bachelor's degree in IT, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or similar. Masters Degree preferred.
8+ years of work experience in the areas of finance, accounting, project management, and/or business systems (e.g. SAP).
Experience working with financial reporting, budgeting, Month End closing cycles, etc.
Experience as People Manager.
Affinity with IT combined with business acumen.
Acquaintance with Lean methodologies is preferred.
Ideally, the candidate would possess most of the following competencies:
• Solid understanding of multi-currency finance ledgers. SAP FiCo/New GL/Simple Finance experience preferred.
• Strong understanding of key financial models and metrics to ensure that the financial systems meet reporting requirements. Experience in Financial Close and Budgeting processes.
• A proven track record showing a deep technical knowledge and functional experience with financial and operational reporting, budgeting, planning, business analytics and data architecture.
• Understanding data modeling concepts (both relational and dimensional)
• Proven ability to work in SAP BPC, SAP BW or SQL Server preferred.
• Proven ability to understand and desire to design end-to-end processes or global financial systems.
• Demonstrated complex problem solving and analytical skills.
• Good organizational and time management skills and the ability to work with limited supervision
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations and trainings.
• Ability to work in a highly dynamic, constantly changing, fast paced environment and handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy
• Curious mind-set, quick leaner to interact with highly talented teams.
• Work effectively in a small team. Guide direct reports in their deliverables
• Ability to balance speed and accuracy.
• Can exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions.
• Take pro-active ownership and accountability for independent (analytical) work, process coordination and improvement.
In return, we offer you
The co-ownership of the flagship solution to manage financial performance of every business unit and market within Philips.
This will bring you exposure to, literally, every management level of the organization. <