AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
Are you the expert on Chemical legislation within EMEA then we are looking for you
The department Product Safety Regulatory Affairs & Export control (PSRA-EC) is gatekeeper ensuring regulatory compliance of the business of AkzoNobel. PSRA-EC ensures that all classification and labeling of raw materials and product is up to date and compliant with standing legislation. Next to classification and labeling PSRA-EC is overseeing the upcoming legislation and provides early heads up to R&D and the commercial operations. For the PSRA-EC Department we are looking for a
Leader Registration Chemicals EMEA
As Leader Registration Chemicals EMEA you will ensure compliance to the chemical legislation in EU (Reach) and other jurisdictions in EMEA (Europe Middle East and Africa). The required substance volume tracking is part of the activities. Ensuring all legal documents are in place as well as overseeing all needed registrations and notifications are done timely and properly are part of the job.
Alerting internal parties when thresholds of imports of substances are to be exceeded is expected.
You will monitor changes in the legal landscape of chemical registrations (e.g. consequences of Brexit) and provide this information to the business.
• Full registrations of chemicals if legally required according to the law.
• Volume tracking of substances according to requirements of chemical legislation, reporting to authorities and/or suppliers/partners (OR’s)
• Flagging issues like breach of law when of volumes are to be exceeded, informing the business of impact (stop imports) and legal implications (fines, imprisonment). Formulate proposals to mitigate issues as well as prevent issues from re-occurring including process improvements for the specific breach
• Performs complex risk analysis to assess potential risks for the business, including the degree of risk.
• Utilize to full extend the various ERP IT tools to perform the analysis, Formulate improvements and advice on implementation pro-actively.
• Proactively provides guidance to internal/external customers and stakeholders, ensuring they understand relevant functional/ technical aspects of decisions around changes of supplier, manufacturing sites and import/export; develops recommendations and presents business case for change, including viability of solution(s), implementation considerations, and an implementation roadmap
• Leads complex root cause analysis, by analyzing information to identify and prioritize complex (interconnected) issues that arise with little or no previous precedent and discerns
• patterns and root causes that may not be obvious to others Formulate proposals to improve the processes such that issues can be prevented.
• Responsible for setting up and managing legal arrangements such as Letters of Access, NDA’s and OR agreements in order to enable the business continued import of products and raw materials between jurisdictions (e.g. from the US into the EU) in line with business strategy and manufacturing strategy
You will be performing registrations and negotiations with suppliers on options for the LoA or OR agreement, as well as reporting on substance volume tracking
You reach out to business for two-way information about compliance issues and improvements
Besides this you will be advising the business to stop import and subsequent loss of business.
We welcome your online application. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any question, please feel free to contact Denise de Bock, Talent Acquisition Partner, phone +31 88 969 3227 or mail TalentResourcing.NL@akzonobel.com.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 2901