Please note: In order to be considered, you must be enrolled in higher education for the full duration of the internship.
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Start date: September 2020
Duration: 6 months
The internship assignment
Tesla has big plans to expand in EMEA region and build multiple stores in different locations. If you would like to be part of the team, which makes this happen, then this internship is for you.
In Retail Construction Purchasing supply department, we are selecting contractors who are building our stores. We are selecting them through the tender process, preparing lots of documents, leading a lot of negotiations (this requires lots of administrative work), working closely with internal stakeholders like finance, project managers, designers and many others.
The goal of our team (the one you going to join) is to make every store as phenomenal as our products and services are. So you will help us to make every store looking amazing and to every customer to have a unique experience by simply walking in.
As Intern for Retail Construction Purchasing supply department, you will learn and assist to Construction Purchasing Group Manager with their daily operations and overall strategy. You will be able to help us to save cost and choose the best suppliers to build our stores for all 20+ markets across EMEA. As Intern, you will learn how to leverage the supplier/contractor market in the best way to support Tesla’s future needs.
- Together with your manager determine list of potential bidders and global suppliers
- Help us to generate and solicit Requests for Proposal (RFP).
- Participate, coordinate and lead bidder’s conferences and job walks
- Administrate Requests for Information (RFI’s)
- Issue RFP Addendums (changes to the contracts and agreements)
- Receive and aggregate bids
- Perform bid analysis and make recommendations
- Conduct bid leveling sessions with contractors
- Participate in contract negotiations
- Support commodity business planning and savings
- Analyze historical spend, as well as forecast, spend and savings by project/commodity/business
- Maintain day-to-day supplier relationships; act as the lead point of contact for all commercial issues
- Identify and support us with negotiations of commercial cost reduction opportunities
- Coordinate Purchase Orders for assigned commodities and contractors
- First experience or strong interest in construction-related Purchasing or Construction Management/Civil engineering; or experience with General Contractors and construction drawings
- Currently enrolled in University programs related to Civil Engineering or Construction Management or any other relevant degrees
- First experience in the business field related to high level of interactions with third parties contractors and vendors
- Excellent attention to details and ability to multitask
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders with a proper guidance of a team manager
- Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist