Your work environment
Based at the Global Headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and reporting into the Group Controller of ING Group, IFRS Policies team is part of the Policies & Procedures (P&P) team. IFRS Policies team monitors (inter)national developments with regard to financial reporting for banks, translates these developments into the global policies of ING Group and advises ING Group’s Executive Board and Business lines on the application thereof. The team consists of 6 accounting specialists.
Main objectives and key responsibilities include:
- Identifying accounting change and analyzing the impact on ING
- Developing accounting policies to be used by ING and all the Business Units for financial reporting based on IFRS and Dutch law
- Acting as a trusted advisor for Group and Business Line Management regarding technical issues on financial reporting - advising management (including the Executive Board) on complex accounting matters and enabling management to make well informed accounting judgements
- Advising management on positions to be taken in national and international consultative bodies related to financial reporting
- Identifying, monitoring and participating – at both national and international level – in new developments regarding financial reporting by financial institutions, particularly with respect to IFRS
- Consulting with other financial institutions both nationally and internationally, as well as with regulatory/supervisory bodies, ensuring that ING’s positions regarding financial reporting gain maximum support
- Reviewing the content of the financial reports to be published by ING, in compliance with the applicable accounting requirements and laws and regulations
- Providing education and training to Group management and business units regarding (developments in) ING’s policies for financial reporting
- Providing support and advice to other departments with regard to accounting/reporting issues
How to succeed
Highly experienced IFRS expert able to deal with complex accounting matters relevant to a bank, analyze changes in the accounting requirements and impact of those on ING and provide high quality IFRS advice to enable management to make well informed accounting judgments.
- Deep technical IFRS knowledge and expertise as well as practical experience in application of IFRS by banks
- Fluent in the Dutch and English language (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of Dutch Law applicable for financial reporting
- Superb business acumen and communication skills to help the business and its stakeholders understand, relate to and institutionalize key elements of his/her agenda
- Possess a highly ethical and professional “executive” demeanor, along with sound judgement and confidence to represent the company in both formal and informal settings.
- The candidate has exceptional influencing skills, being assertive without being antagonistic or alienating.
- Stakeholder management experience. Relationship building with various stakeholders is key for success in this role
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a business partner and trusted advisor to the senior management, as well as other internal clients
- Bring global perspective and cultural sensitivity
What we offer
A job from 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 27 vacation days with a 40-hour working week
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button. We are looking forward to meeting you!
The ING Group is a Dutchmultinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Amsterdam, operating in over 40 countries. ING's purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. ING prides itself as a frontrunner in digital and sustainability innovations amongst financial instructions. With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist