Do you want to be a part of the team that prepares and oversees the financial information for VodafoneZiggo?
As an Assistant Controller in the Opex & Other Accounting team, you will be joining the Finance Operations team who provides the monthly information on the actual numbers within VodafoneZiggo. In this role, your focus will be on our Payroll & Intercompany activities.
Enjoy the challenge
- Opportunity to start and expand your Financial Career and create your own growth path in our Finance organization;
- You will be preparing and overseeing the actual numbers on our monthly spend with the focus on Payroll & Intercompany activities;
- Provide our most important stakeholders with key valuable information for their decision taking.
This is what you will do:
Within the Accounting Department, a great opportunity has opened where many Finance disciplines can be developed, working closely with the seasoned financial professionals. The Assistant Controller is responsible for correct and complete accounting of a specific area where you get to work within a multinational data driven company and have direct interaction with the many other Finance departments, like Financial Control & Business Control as well as non-finance departments such as HR, Business Intelligence and Customer Operations.
This is how you do it
- Create accurate month end figures including in depth analysis (monthly, quarterly and yearly closes);
- Processing and analyzing Financial data in our ERP system (SAP & Oracle);
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheets accounts using Oracle ARC;
- Be in control of financial processes (end to end);
- Provide financial management information (structurally and ad hoc);
- Continuously Initiate and implement improvements to increase speed, quality & performance;
- Participate in projects.
Together with 12 colleagues in Utrecht and Maastricht, you make up the Opex & Other Accounting team. Your team is part of the larger Accounting department within Finance Operations. The Office in Maastricht will be your home base, but also an option to work from our Central Office in Utrecht city Center. A great work environment, including:
- An office that reflects VodafoneZiggo’s identity: digital!
- Easy access to public transportation; the train station Maastricht and Utrecht, as well as the both city centers are only a few minutes away;
- Great coffee at our coffee bars & good food in our restaurant, Club Connect;
- An after-lunch game of FIFA or Pacman? Or a race in our F1 simulator? Fun is included!
- After Office: Shop ‘till you drop at the Hoog Catharijne shopping mall or beautiful Maastricht.
VodafoneZiggo connects millions of people and organizations. This is how we create value, for individuals and for society as a whole. From our technicians and customer support professionals, to all of our office staff; our 8.000+ colleagues are eager to drive that positive change. To do so, we share three values: Open Up, Team Up and Step Up. These represent thinking positively, listening to and learning from each other, with a focus on collaboration, plus a penchant for thinking and acting out of the box. That calls for people who dare to transcend their comfort zone and face challenges with a welcoming smile. Is that you? Let’s meet up!
You’ve got what it takes
For this vacancy of Assistant Controller at VodafoneZiggo, you also have:
- A minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably a large international enterprise (or Big4);
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, focus on accuracy with a critical mindset;
- Able to communicate effectively and create your own network within VodafoneZiggo;
- Strong team player and a proactive attitude towards working with strict deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively in a changing & agile digital environment;
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Controlling or related Finance discipline;
- Practical experience from a HR/Payroll environment is a pre;
- Experience using Business Intelligence tools;
- Speaking and writing English fluently;
- Strong MS Excel / office skills.
Did you check all the boxes, but do personal circumstances require something extra, such as flexible working hours or workplace adaptations? We can accommodate that!
Enjoy the benefits
Based on a 40-hour working week at VodafoneZiggo, you can count on:
- A gross salary between €2.500,- and €3.500,- per month (TW9) based upon your experience, plenty of growth potential and an attractive bonus.
- 20 days of paid leave.
- A monthly Benefit Budget of 14.95% of your gross salary. To use as you see fit!
- Unlimited Learning! Take an online course. For example Team up with colleagues for Spanish classes. The VodafoneZiggo menu has thousands of educational choices – an all you can learn experience!
- A voucher for a smartphone, and a Vodafone subscription to go with it. And yes, you can use it for personal calls as well.
- Discounts on Vodafone and Ziggo products and services
- A worry-free pension plan that also allows you to save extra
- An NS-Business Card tailored to your personal travel habits. Including a 1st class option, that you can even use for personal trips /
- Flexibility: work where and when you perform your best
- We value social impact. You can participate in social initiatives during work hours and increase your positive contribution. An example? By joining our Online Masters program, you can teach children how to navigate the digital world safely and responsibly.
- Substantial discounts on health insurance, sports memberships, day care and (much) more
Apply for the position of Assistant Controller, Questions? Call or app Recruiter Lotte Bijleveld at her mobile number (+31) 62136 0339 or mail to Lotte.email@example.com. You will have all the answers soon! You can apply until closing date 30-06-2020.
*A pre-employment screening is part of the hiring process
Uren per week: