We are currently looking for two 1st Line of Defence Gatekeepers.
ING is implementing step-by-step the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework, focusing initially on Non-Financial Risk (including Compliance) types, with full implementation of Financial Risk types to follow in the next phase.Enterprise Risk Management empowers all employees to stay a step ahead in developing sustainable business by continuous improvements of the risk framework and execution of effective and efficient risk management.
ING is shifting to a new process-driven Enterprise Risk Management approach. The Enterprise Risk Management Framework sets out the principles and design of the ERM process and supports its implementation, with the objective to develop effective and sustainable risk management for all business lines, in all ING entities and subsidiaries.
The Global Process Management (GPM) Unit, as part of the Global Transformation Office, manages the development, maintenance and implementation of the Global Process Management framework, to roll out process management practices and improve processes across ING. As part of its mandate, GPM identifies the end-to-end processes where risks occur; designs controls as integral part of processes; provides support to global and local units and functions in the implementation of controls in end-to-end processes; supports work in tests of design and effectiveness; develops and maintains process and control documentation (e.g. global process models and global control standard design); and supports stakeholders (e.g. the 2nd Line of Defence) in policy development, risk identification and assessment, and risk reporting.
As 1st Line of Defense Gatekeeper you will:
- Work as a 1st Line of Defence Gatekeeper In the Global Process Management Unit
- Take part in the design and implementation of global processes by identifying process risks, designing controls and supporting their implementation. You will improve the quality and usability of process and control documentation (e.g. process models and global control standards). You will challenge risk assessments and risks, control objectives and controls within the agreed ERM principles. You will coordinate the consultation process with relevant experts and ensure the involvement of global and local units (including policy and domain owners, 2nd Line of Defence, process leaders and participants, process experts) to ensure the appropriateness, completeness and cost of controls in relation to business impact
- Act as a global coordinator of 1st Line of Defence process & control activities of relevant stakeholders; and provide quality assurance, knowledge, advice and training in designing process & control documentation and implementing it in ING
- Oversee the proper execution of the impact assessment of new regulations and other triggers for process and control design activities
- Investigate reported deficiencies of control testing and non-compliance with agreed implementation and key control testing timelines
- Manage the relation with relevant stakeholders, including Global Policy and Domain Owners, Global Process Leaders and 2nd LoD Gatekeepers
- Support the Sounding Panel in deciding and reporting on the timely creation/adaption of control standards for new Policies; and in annual decision making on mandatory key control testing
- Coordinate the annual planning of Global Process Standards and submission of proposals to the Bank NFRC
- Provide process and control trainings to ING employees (e.g. Policy and Domain Owners, 1st Line of Defence Gatekeepers in local units, Global Process leaders and process participants)
How to succeed
- University degree;
- Experience of at least 5-7 years in the banking industry; knowledge of bank processes, procedures and systems; solid knowledge of (Non) Financial Risk and accompanying frameworks;
- Learning agility and innovative mindset;
- You are knowledgeable about the different Financial and Non-Financial risk categories; and their relevance for banking processes and products;
- You are knowledgeable about defining controls in processes and supporting systems; you understand the impact of control requirements on the organisation (costs and benefits) and are able to play a challenging role for proposed controls;
- You are able to cope with ING’s complex environment and have the organizational maturity to ensure the right mix of content, seniority and organisational sensitivity;
- You have strong understanding of internal and external customer needs and are able to develop design solutions, communicate their benefits and implement them with business impact;
- You are creative and able to look at things from different angles; you are also persistent to ensure that control standards (that will be submitted to approval bodies) meet the high quality criteria of ING (stand firm in discussions with senior management);
- Your ambition is to continuously anticipate and adapt to the changing environment.
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Public travel pass
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.