As Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you will make a positive contribution to the engineering group within IHC Services of Royal IHC. Life Cycle Engineering is a service activity for operational dredging or offshore vessels comprising three main aspects:
- analyses and studies - from feasibility studies to workability analyses
- engineering and design - from concept engineering to production drawings
- naval architecture - from stability guidance booklets to lightweight checks.
The Life Cycle Engineering department helps customers to make adaptations and upgrades to integrated equipment, systems, and structures. This includes the engineering of modifications, renovations, and improvements to equipment and systems. As Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you will be responsible for all aspects of the workflow, from generating ideas through to production drawings, and from preparing load cases to finite element analysis (FEA). You will work either in a multi-disciplinary team or independently. In addition, you will work as Engineer Life Cycle Engineering according to customer requirements, class rules, technical specifications, and operational guidelines in order to contribute to efficient production and to maximise the quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of installations and equipment.
As Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you will be responsible for the following:
- creating technical concepts of equipment, installations or integrated systems
- setting up and completing 3D (or 2D) models of constructions, systems, equipment and procedures based on relevant information and specifications
- creating and/or checking diagrams, arrangement drawings, parts lists, production drawings, calculations, specifications or reports
- setting up relevant load cases, calculation methods (static or dynamic) and applicable criteria
- performing and checking strength analyses, such as finite element analysis (FEA)
- communicating with your team leader, class agencies, customers, suppliers, and team members
- examining the processed drawings and documents for consistency against specifications, missing information, readability, and user-friendliness and, where necessary, adjusting or elaborating upon the documents and system information
- revising the basic engineering package based on nonconformities, your own insight or directions by others, and, where necessary, discussing further with the relevant stakeholders
- leading the execution of a work package.
To be eligible for the position of Engineer Life Cycle Engineering, you must have the following:
- technical bachelor or master degree in for example Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture
- relevant work experience gained in a similar position in relevant industries
- experience with 3D CAD software and willing to learn about the complex technical systems available onboard vessels
- excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- a proactive, creative and flexible attitude
- excellent communication English language skills and preferably but not necessarily Dutch
- only candidates with valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates
- an online assessment and screening is part of the recruitment process.
Uren per week: