Tesla Energy is seeking to hire a number of people to join our Utility and Commercial sales teams for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. We are especially interested in candidates with strong knowledge and experience of either the UK market or continental European energy markets. The positions are based in Amsterdam.
Tesla is the leading provider of energy storage solutions globally. You will therefore work in an exciting, fast-paced, multicultural and cross-functional environment, and for a team with a proven track record of closing industry-changing deals. The successful candidate must therefore be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, detail oriented, and enjoy working hard and being continually challenged. Besides a rock-solid work ethic and a strong team-oriented personality, members of our team display creativity, passion, and a desire to break new ground in a constantly shifting technology and market landscape.
You will be a key member of the Tesla Energy Sales teams responsible for selling our Megapack and Powerpack energy storage solutions and associated service offerings throughout the EMEA region. The Business Developers/Account Managers are responsible for selling to Utility, IPP and /or Commercial developer accounts, and report to the EMEA Commercial and Utility Sales Lead. This is a multi-faceted role involving technical sales, and strong product and electricity market knowledge is required.
• Meet and exceed sales targets by managing the entire sales cycle from start to finish. This includes:
• Originate opportunities.
• Provide input into techno-economic analyses.
• Work with Engineering, Operations and Service teams to define scope and pricing of solutions that meet customer needs.
• Work with internal counsel on contract negotiations and execution, help define terms and find contractual solutions.
• Provide high fidelity sales forecasts to business.
• Rapidly evaluate market dynamics across different sectors and market drivers (policy/regulatory, economics, etc.). Support market analysis with our engineering team and provide key market insights into broader business team.
• Be a contributing team member in determining the most effective go to market strategy and approach per market for Tesla's product suite.
• Provide input on the development of dedicated marketing/sales material needed for success.
Additional Responsibilities - C&I Sales Role:
Be responsible for achieving volume sales and cash collection within assigned channel(s). This will include the following key activities:
• Develop and maintain a network of channel partner accounts (commercial PV developers, small IPPs and EPCs, micro-grid developers) that are best positioned to match our objectives.
• Train partners on Tesla’s products, services, tools and best practices (working with the Training Manager and the Engineering Team).
• Support customers to pitch and sell their projects and offerings that include our products and services.
• Follow up with partners on their objectives, volume forecast and market strategy on a regular basis, in order to drive their volume and maintain a regular cycle of orders.
Additional Responsibilities - Utility Sales Role:
Be responsible for managing large accounts and closing large utility scale deals in Europe, Middle East and Africa. This will include the following key activities:
• Build and maintain relationships with Utilities, Independent Power Producers and EPCs.
• Educate public and private decision-makers throughout EMEA about energy storage technology and its most interesting business cases.
• Contribute to the preparation of tender responses, in coordination with Tesla’s Engineering and Bid teams.
• Drive negotiation of the following contracts: supply agreement, EPC agreement, O&M agreement, software sales agreement, performance guarantees.
• Degree and/or equivalent working experience.
• Experience in one of the following fields:
• Business development for renewable energy projects or similar (financing, green field development, OEM equipment sales, etc.)
• Key Account management of major utilities or similar sized organizations, comfortable dealing with and presenting to C-level executives.
• Channel account management of C&I, small IPP or micro-grid developers.
• Proven track record of prioritizing effectively, meeting targets and handling shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with detailed contract negotiations and execution (both external and internal).
• Experience structuring and leading negotiation of large transactions in energy, construction, project finance or a related practice area, with a preference for renewable energy experience.
• A team player with the ability to proactively identify problems, drive projects, make complex cost/benefit assessments, and identify pragmatic/creative legal and business solutions.
• Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively and to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
• A quick and flexible learner, intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly earn the confidence of your colleagues and effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
• High standards, impeccable integrity and ethics, unquestionable good judgment, well-honed analytical skills, superior oral and written communications skills.
• Self-motivated & passionate, with an ability to work independently.
• Flexible to travel (a few days per month).
• UK focused role: Fluent in English - additional languages are a plus.
• EMEA focused role: Fluent in English plus at least one other key EMEA language. Additional languages are a plus.
Uren per week: