AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.Wide ranging international role for an experienced and committed auditor
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Flexa, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe.
Key to our global success is an expert Internal Audit (IA) function based at Arnhem/Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and Singapore. IA incorporates around 25 auditors from a variety of cultural background, with different levels of experience and areas of expertise.
Within this context, your mission in this role is to enhance and protect AkzoNobel’s value and values by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight on risk management, control, and governance processes.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as a skilled and highly ethical professional with a thorough knowledge of accounting theory, internal control and auditing standards, programs and techniques? Can you work independently with limited supervision when necessary, while embodying an organized approach and the ability to distinguish between the essential and non-essential? Above all, can you make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply as a
Senior Internal Auditor
The role and its responsibilities
The role is based at the Dutch IA location, home to around 22 employees including IT auditors and audit managers. The position reports to the Senior IA Manager and requires you to:
• Plan and perform complicated operational audits in small teams under supervision;
• Plan and perform less complicated audits under remote supervision;
• Act as lead auditor on a rotational basis for assigned audits, preparing audit reports and assuming responsibility for the quality of the audit execution and results in accordance with the Global Audit Framework.
Once onboarding is completed, you take on extra tasks such as:
• Acting as a process expert to improve and align risks and control frameworks with external and internal developments;
• Supporting the audit managers in the business;
• Partnering activities to develop annual risk and audit plans;
• Periodic reporting activities.
The Dutch IA location is predominantly responsible for Europe, South America, North America and Africa, with Asia primarily covered out of the Singapore office. As such, you must be willing and able to travel worldwide for 40-45% of your time including weekends, but for a maximum of two consecutive weeks.
To apply for this position, you must possess all the following attributes:
• Undergraduate degree in accounting, auditing, economics or business administration, and an advanced degree or professional certification such as RA, CIA, RO, RC, CPA;
• At least 5 years of audit experience in public accounting and/or in a large internal audit function, ideally with experience of a large or mid-sized international manufacturing company;
• Able to participate in team or project activities with dialogue, facilitation, feedback, clarification, and meeting skills;
• Sensitive to deadlines and budget constraints;
• Good presentation and report writing skills;
• Experience of living and working internationally is an advantage;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including fluent English, with any other major language(s) an advantage.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary and an attractive bonus scheme, you can expect excellent terms of employment including group insurance, 8% holiday allowance, travel allowance and an above industry standard number of vacation days. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via www.akzonobel.com/careers, reference 3287. If you have any questions, please contact Merith de Bock, Talent Acquisition Partner, +31 (0)88 0106789, option 2.
An employment screening may be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 3287