The Technical Writer will work with engineers, managers, project leads, and other technical writers within a mechanical/hardware-based manufacturing environment to document processes, equipment operation, and product specifications. The writer will use solid technical writing concepts and a variety of information capture tools to create concise, targeted documentation that can be implemented quickly and seamlessly into our 24-hour manufacturing process. The writer will work with detailed specification information involving mathematical precision and conversion. The writer will assist and/or lead the department’s continuous effort of product and process improvement in a continually changing, hierarchically flat organization.
- Compose concise and targeted technical and instructional documents about factory topics using a variety of authoring tools, including XML-based tools.
- Adherence to consistent style and formatting guidelines defined by company and department standards.
- Editing, revising, and converting source content from a variety of sources.
- Interfacing and interacting with executives, managers, engineers, line-side supervisors, and manufacturing associates.
- Work with mechanical drawings and CAD output.
- Managing document lifecycle flow.
- Managing multiple projects of various length and complexity.
- Taking active part in developing department goals.
- Presenting information and coordinating meetings.
- AA or BA Degree in technical writing or equivalent writing degree
- 5-7 years technical writing experience
- Strong Technical Writing skills—must be a writer first and foremost
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, with a proficiency in English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Mechanical, hardware, or manufacturing writing experience
- Proficiency in structured topic-based (DITA) technical writing is a must
- Proficiency in Oxygen XML editor or equivalent authoring tool is a must
- Expertise using Atlassian products such as JIRA, confluence, etc.
- Proficiency using git SourceTree
- Experience with HTML files
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrable experience creating effective instructional task-based documentation
- Ability to create, edit, and manage documents with a large amount of numbers-based specification information
- Excellent understanding of document lifecycle and version management/control
- Interview and presentation skills
- Ability to translate verbal information into clearly written procedures
- Excellent still and motion photography capture and editing abilities
- Multitasking—must be able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Excellent listening and observation skills.
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience reading and interpreting mechanical drawings a plus
- Spanish-speaking a plus
Uren per week: