As a Graphic Designer in Tesla’s Beijing office, you will be responsible for the design development of all visual brand communications. You will be part of the team that creates and executes world-class graphic design and branding.
Using your considerable design experience and innovative thinking, you will be tasked with working with the team in creating designs for visual brand communications, but may also be called upon for other design tasks (photography, illustration, etc.) based on your skillset. Our design team prides itself on being multitalented and flexible, and we look for the same in our potential candidates. Although you will report to the manager for Content Creation, who is located in the Design Studio in California, you will work closely with marketing and sales partners in Beijing and the broader APAC region.
- Develop and design assets for events, communications, web, marketing, sales, products, and anything else that needs graphic design work to communicate Tesla’s visual style in a creative way. This can be anything from full-on campaigns from start-to-finish or unique one-off properties.
- Some project will require you to work with engineers, digital modelers, architects, and other professionals within the company.
- Participate in cross-functional strategy, timing, and process discussion as it pertains to brand communications.
- Work cross-functionally with designers of other disciplines
- Work with suppliers to achieve our design goals on any physical assets.
- Collaborate with the fabrication team to complete prototypes when necessary.
- Occasionally participate in design efforts outside of your area of expertise as necessity and as your own skillset dictates.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic Design (or similar)
- At least three years experience as a graphic designer
- Must be able to show a portfolio of work that reflects creative thinking, broad range, and modern, minimalist taste.
- Beneficial to have in-depth technical knowledge of product development as it relates to graphic design (such as printing, web and mobile app development, etc)
- Excellent at creating and maintaining cross-functional working relationships.
- Exceptional visual and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple parallel-path projects.
- Demonstrated an ability to deliver successful designs under tight timing constraints and provide examples of such scenarios throughout career.
Uren per week: