We’re looking for a star copywriter to ensure great content is always on the menu. Are you the word wizard who can attract a flurry of new food-lovers? Then step this way…
Our story (the bitesize version):Here at Takeaway.com, we’re serving delicious dishes to people across our 11 international markets – with millions of orders every week. Whether they want warming soups, brilliant burgers or perfect pizzas, we’re making mealtimes special from Belgium to Bulgaria.
In an ever-changing, fast-paced industry, we’re always finding new ways to stay ahead of the game. Content creation is a huge part of that. From dynamic designs to engaging copy and viral social media posts, our eye-catching, mouth-watering work is always attracting new customers.
All about the role:You’ll be part of our in-house creative agency, writing copy in both Dutch and English. Showing your skills on a range of platforms, from emails to push notifications and local city campaigns, you’ll add that special Takeaway.com flavour to customer-facing and B2B copy.
As part of a food delivery powerhouse, your copy is designed to get customers ordering the delicious dishes they love. To monitor that goal, you’ll be keeping track of KPIs and metrics, as well as following copywriting best practices.
In addition to strong writing skills, you’re a good editor. With a keen eye for detail and the ability to add a snappy phrase, you can turn a forgettable line into a feast of words. As a strong writer in both languages, you’re also confident doing transcreation (EN-NL) and quality checks on Dutch copy.
Using our new Brand Book as your guide, you’ll immerse yourself in the Takeaway.com tone of voice. That means working closely with your fellow copywriters to refine our brand language.
Collaboration is a key ingredient in this role, and you’ll get the chance to cook up something special with our designers – ensuring their appealing visuals fit perfectly with your captivating copy.
Can you deliver...
Ready to spice up our subject lines and perfect our pushes? That’s great. But we’re hoping you can also tick the boxes below:
- 2-5 years’ experience in copywriting roles at an external or in-house agency
- Perfect Dutch language skills and excellent English
- Degree in Dutch, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Ability to juggle a wide range of tasks and meet deadlines
- Prior experience with a CMS or Salesforce is a big plus.
- An affinity for working in a fast-paced and flexible environment
Here is our offer:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a varied role
- Amazing company-wide events like our summer party and snow event
- Contribution towards travel costs and ordering lunches
- Strong pension plan
- A creative, friendly environment in our Amsterdam HQ (with a stunning waterfront view!)
- Office amenities: Delicious coffee, ping pong and our popular Friday drinks...to name a few
Ready to take a bite out of life at Takeaway.com? Click the button below to send us your motivational letter and CV (in English please!).
Uren per week: