Continuous improvement is inevitable in a fast-moving company like Takeaway.com. Not only do we grow and develop quickly, but we also strive to run our operations as smoothly as possible at all times. As our Lean Specialist in the Netherlands in Belgium, you can play a key role in this!
Here's what you will do
As our Lean Specialist BE/NL you work in a team of international Project Managers aiming for continuous improvements of our logistical services. In this new position, you take ownership over the implementation of the Lean methodology together with local management and your team of Quality Assurance Coordinators in the Netherlands and Belgium.
At least one day per week, you meet your team in the office in Amsterdam. On other days, you visit our Hubs in (currently) 15 cities in NL and BE.
- Deployment of Lean processes for the Food Delivery/Logistics department (Scoober) in the Netherlands and Belgium
- Providing leadership and support to design and implement Lean principles (such as PDCA cycles, Kaizens, Root Cause Analysis, etcetera)
- Training and coaching of local management in the different Scoober cities, also by spending time in the cities
- Pro-actively search for improvement possibilities and initiatives, including a project-based implementation of these initiatives
- Leading a small group of employees focused on Quality Assurance and Process Improvements
- Constantly looking for possibilities to further improve operational results by monitoring market developments
- Aligning with the global Lean developments and the Lean Specialists for different areas
Are you the one?
To feel at home in our Scoober team, you should be down to earth, entrepreneurial and fascinated by operational environments like our Scoober hubs in the different cities (the places where our drivers pick up their equipment and start and end their shifts). For your job as a Lean Specialist, we ask this from you:
- Experience of around 2 years with the Lean methodology and eagerness to develop further in that field
- Having worked on Green Belt level preferrable
- Having worked in an operational environment
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a plus
- Ability to translate plans into action
- Highly analytical
- Working in a structured and autonomous way
- Flexibility to travel for work
Here's our offer
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in an autonomous role - working with a huge range of functions
- Dynamic work environment with friendly colleagues in our stunning Amsterdam office and lively hubs across the Netherlands and Belgium
- The chance to work with a range of projects
- Great company events like our summer party and snow event
- 26 days of vacation, the chance to go on a sabbatical after 2 years of working with Takeaway.com, a solid pension plan, and contribution to travel costs and lunch expenses
Uren per week: