WHO YOU ARE
Someone who loves to connect to innovative companies, meet with the world smartest people and is great at assessing their technologies. We meet a lot of tech driven players and startups, either for acquisition of commercial partnership. In both cases we are looking for someone who likes to learn from these companies and also likes to challenge and get the real current state of the presented technologies in a very short time frame.
In the end the purpose is to find the smartest solutions, people and companies to complement IKEA to provide a better life for the many.
To develop the business and deliver results, we are looking for a Digital Due Diligence Manager with strong experience from both a technical- and reporting perspective to join our Ecosystems & Partnerships team.
You will be responsible for working with the strategic investments, acquisitions and partnerships agenda in Group Digital. Adhering to the investment strategy and supporting in the pre-study phase and implementation of the business case.
You will work with Group Digital activities in the full investment & acquisition cycle from identifying viable business targets to conduct due diligence and deal closure.
At the same time, you will lead, coach and develop members of the Technology investment function.
To do this well, we believe you have passion for and experience from:
• 8-10 years strong technical experience within development, architecture, technical product management or similar in data and integration, AI, 3D/VR/AR or e-commerce
• structuring and analyzing, being able to consolidate information and communicate the same to a broad audience
• data savvy and hands on technical skills with the ability to translate insights into clear actions and recommendations
• Love to develop/create/improve executive due diligence reports.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has strong documented leadership skills, preferable gained from working in a similar size company as IKEA. For this role you need to have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and capability to manage both internal and external stakeholders in a business environment. Also, you need to actively acquire new knowledge and skills and champions new methods and processes to improve performance. And last but not least you need to have the ability to understand the complexity of IKEA business and the role of technology as an integrated part of the business.
Excellent communication skills in English is a must for this role (to communicate verbally, visually and in writing).
• Perform initial screening of opportunities from a detailed technical perspective, especially highlighting congruence and differences with industry standards
• Perform from a detailed technical perspective an initial assessment of effort and complexity in relation to IKEA technical landscape
• Lead technical due diligence in coordination and collaboration with e.g. IKEA product and technology teams
• Structure and maintain relevant data on all investment cases addressed
• Follow and analyze the development of the industry from a detailed and hands on technical perspective
• Translate technology advancements into potential scouting tasks and acquisition objects
• Support industry mapping and analysis of relevant acquisition targets
• Support preparation of presentations which outline the strategic rationale for an investment or acquisition from a detailed technical perspective
• Support, from a technology perspective, the integration process of acquired companies
• Lead, coach and develop members of the technology investments function by ensuring assigned teams understand the overall direction, vision, delivery process and responsibilities for any given initiative.
• This role is hands on(60-80%) and (20-40%) managerial.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We are creating a new IKEA to become even more affordable, accessible and sustainable. As consumer and stakeholder needs are constantly changing; so are we and the way we operate our business.
Group Digital plays a key role in this change. We set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast-moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace.
At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
If this is you, then join us in the Digital Ecosystems & Partnerships team as a Digital Due Diligence Manager. The role is temporarily located in Haarlem and will later be based in Amsterdam.
You might have some questions about the role and that's a good thing! Feel free to reach out to our recruiter Yvette van Zon via firstname.lastname@example.org We are looking forward to receiving your application, but no later than the 8th of June. As we will have interviews on a continuous basis the position might be closed sooner.
Our primary concern since the outbreak of corona virus has been the health and safety of our co-workers and candidates. Because of this, we have adapted our recruiting processes to be fully digital.
We would love to meet our candidates face to face, but to prevent the spread of the virus this recruitment will be handled through digital appointments and solutions.
Uren per week: