As Operations Designer you will be a senior operational management expert within the Global CDD Pillar responsible for activities such as design and continuous improvement of global KYC operational management standards, operational performance and operational readiness for structural solution deployment. You are the main point of contact for all operations, centres and local teams. You collaborate with the Operations Specialists in the Operations, Design & Governance Team in a senior position and keep oversight of any centralised CDD operations.
What you’ll do
- Support the Expert Lead in the creation of a vision and strategy for the Global KYC Operations. As well as driving the roadmap of Epics and Features to develop and improve on the Global KYC Operational Management Standards, operational performance and operational readiness for structural solutions deployment
- Be responsible for the Global KYC Operational Management Standards, operational performance and operational readiness for structural solutions deployment
- Be the main point of contact for all operations centres and local teams on operational management topics
- Keep oversight of any centralised CDD operations
- Work with the Business to develop continuous improvement plans on efficiency and quality
- Monitor all operational performance
- Drive operational governance including SLAs, KPIs and KRIs
- Ensure that operational quality meets the required standards
- Advise key stakeholders and global projects / programmes from a senior content expertise perspective
- Manage multiple topics simultaneously
- Collaborate with the Operations Specialists in the CDD Operations, Design & Governance Team on the design of Global KYC Operational Management Standards, operational performance and operational readiness for structural solutions deployment
- Reviews the design of the Global KYC Operational Management Standards, operational performance and operational readiness for structural solutions deployment
- Provide feedback to the CDD Operations, Design & Governance Team and the Global Delivery Tribe from the operational perspective on the development structural solutions
- Be able to implement change and will in case of existing Global KYC Operational Management Standards, operational performance and operational readiness for structural solutions deployment, steer further development by initiating and driving new Epics, Features and Stories
- Apply one’s experience in marketing, strategic road mapping and adhering to target audiences in the fast-changing KYC landscape and context of digital transformation
- Responsible for the development of craftmanship – How a job should be done
- Provide learning needs to the KYC Academy and ensure that Global KYC operational staff training and KYC awareness is embedded in the Global KYC Operations organisation
- Stimulate cross-border interaction and alignment between people, expertise teams, Squads, Chapters, Front-Office organisations, and Service organisations both in central and local business lines
How to succeed
- Academic degree and preferably, accreditation or certification in FEC, FATCA, CRS, and/or ESR expertise areas
- Senior operational management and operational performance expertise in a large multi-national environment
- Relevant track record of working in the area of KYC with a thorough understanding of the current market, and regulatory conditions and challenges that the financial industry faces
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in the operational management and operational performance domain
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the financial services industry, preferably wholesale banking, retail, risk or compliance
- Understanding of key regulations (such as FEC, ESR, FATCA, CRS) and their respective effects on the operational landscape of KYC including the interaction with the second line
- Possess a thorough understanding of the entire customer life cycle of a client within a financial institution
- Builds bridges by nature and be able to span between different levels, different people and different cultures. The relationships are built on capability and trust
- A client focused attitude linked to a sound understanding of how to achieve operational excellence in a compliant environment
- Proactive, Can-Do, No Surprises and Positive mind-set. Overall have a healthy work ethic and a willingness to collaborate
- Proven profound communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to facilitate decision-making to drive complex design issues to a conclusion
- Possess a track record of injecting operational management and operational performance expertise in a fast-moving, challenging environment
- Strong organisational sensitivity; ability to understand and take into account the underlying issues, opportunities and dynamics of an international organisation with multiple functional lines and one hierarchical line and deal with multiple, and potentially conflicting, interests
- Ability to work successfully in multiple countries and make sure these different cultures work together as one team
What we offer
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 27 vacation days with a 40 hour work week.
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Your working environment
The Global KYC organisation is a first line of defence department providing the ING business and functions with guidance, standardised solutions in the area of KYC related regulations (on process, control, and digital solutions, etc.) as well as supporting and realising operational excellence. In the Global KYC organisation you will be working with numerous colleagues from different disciplines, geographies and backgrounds. You will be part of the support function in realising the transformation towards this global organisation and as such contribute significantly to the realisation of the One Agile Way of Working methodology within ING.
By integrating all KYC related capabilities into one functionally steered organisation, the global implementation and standardisation of the Global KYC Digital Service Platform is supported.
This Platform consists of processes, enhanced controls, shared solutions and optimised operations processing across all of the business lines. The Platform helps us to achieve a more robust KYC environment that will strongly contribute to ING’s overall response towards more stringent regulatory requirements in this area and beyond.
Within this new fast growing agile organisation the Operations Designer will be part of an exciting journey towards truly global standardisation within the domain of KYC. The organisation aims to deliver all aspects of KYC through a Digital Platform approach. The Operations Designer will be involved in the development of State of the Art solutions on relevant topics such as Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorism Financing, Fraud, Sanctions, Tax, ING’s Environmental and Social Risk policy and their global implementation across 40+ countries, affecting 36+ million ING customers. Through this, we will be able to deliver our customers an optimal KYC experience, whilst remaining compliant and in control of our risks and processes on a global scale. The Operations Designer will be in contact with market leading vendors and thought leaders in their respective domains.
As an Operations Designer you will be based in Amsterdam on a 40 hour contract, and report hierarchically and functionally to the Global Expert Lead CDD Operations, Design & Governance.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.