Senior Business Analyst (Finance Expert)
Your new job!?
The COO Risk & Finance department delivers Finance & Risk related services to its stakeholders, i.e. Group Finance, Risk, countries’ CFOs and Wholesale Banking, Tax and Bank Treasury. These services encompass operations and change initiatives for accounting, reporting, utilities, data foundation and business advice services, including system, process, data and information management and analytics capabilities. By design, the services are reliable, secure and in control. Change is delivered in accordance with the Finance strategy and implementation and decommissioning roadmap.
The Data Foundation tribe provides Finance & Risk with relevant, correct and harmonised data for its processing and to enable the change from report-driven to data-driven, while also enabling ING COO Risk & Finance to manage its end-to-end data flow in a structured and standardized way.
What you will be doing
You will participate in a squad as a Business Analyst (Finance Expert) within DFT. You will be actively involved in the maintenance, development and realization of current & new products/services for the users. As an expert, you deliver the necessary knowledge and skills to make standard and best products/services for your users. Besides that, you continuously deepen and broaden your knowledge and skills in your area of expertise within your chapter.
Your activities will be in the area of:
- involved in Change & Run bank’s activities
- collect and write the detailed Finance & Risk business requirements;
- configuring business rules and building reports;
- executing acceptance and other testing;
- daily checking of EOD (timeliness, correctness, completeness, reconciliations, ledger);
- second-line support;
- on-boarding activities;
- developing/maintaining documentation to clarify the working of functionality for end users, such as user manuals and Quick Reference Cards (QRCs).
What we are looking for
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic professional with a passion for for data management in a Finance & Risk context. You excel in one of the areas of Finance, Financial Reporting or Finance/Risk processes.
- You are energized by working on concrete and tangible results in a complex and continuously changing environment.
- You know exactly how to empathise with the needs of your users and translate this into standard and innovative products.
- You have a clear vision on the area of expertise of the squad, including the knowledge of assets and tooling used.
- You have a strong drive to keep your expertise up to date and have the ambition to continuously improve yourself on a personal and professional level.
- You have at least 5 - 7 years experience
- You are very analytical and take decisions based on data and facts.
- You are a strong communicator and can present your work in a clear manner.
- Proven banking & product knowledge – senior level.
- Sourcing, classifying & preparing transactional as well as accounting data for Finance, Risk
- Knowledge & understanding of Financial accounting & reconciliation, Chart of Accounts.
- Fixed Income & Bonds Equities, FX spots, swaps & derivatives (Nice to have);
- Knowledge of and experience with Statutory and Regulatory Reporting (Nice to have);
- Regulations: Basel 3 reporting (LCR, NSFR, Liquidity metrics), knowledge on IFRS.
- DNB/EBA regulatory reporting, Financial Accounting, FINREP, ALM & liquidity management, Risk management.
- Knowledge of and experience with analysing large data sets and its quality.
- Knowledge of and experience with Change delivery (impact analysis, configuration, testing).
- Experience in Regression and User Acceptance testing.
- Clear communication (verbal, writing)
- Excellent working with Microsoft Excel, knowledge on BI and Oracle SQL.
- Affinity with IT including basic IT knowledge (Oracle DB, PLSQL).
- Experience with Agile way of working.
- Self organizing and proactive
Your education, experience and background
- Professional and intellectual ability at least at academic level.
- University (Bachelor’s/Master’s) degree in (business) economics or a comparable field.
- You like to work in a multidisciplinary squad.
- You take responsibility to get the work done.
- You easily adapt to new environments.
- You continuously improve yourself and you help your colleagues in their development.
- Knowledge of and experience with Agile and the Lean way of working.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Dutch it will be an asset.
- You actively ask for help and feedback and are not afraid to give feedback.
- Affinity with IT.
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.
To give you an idea, we will tell you about the benefits of working at ING:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a difference. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself. If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING.