TEMP Staff Accountant - English - Utrecht area
Our international client who are an international non-profit organisation is looking for a proactive temporary Staffa Accountant for approximately 4 months.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the full payment cycle, including invoice processing, batching, cash transfers calculations, posting payments, credit application, and filing. The Staff Accountant is expected to make complex accounts payable (A/P)-related journal entries, conduct A/P analysis, and reconcile pre-paid, bank, and project accounts. The Staff Accountant is also responsible to back up journal entry preparations for receivables. The Staff Accountant is a member of the Finance & Accounting Unit and is expected to work across units as necessary and contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
- Process subcontractor, commodity, and other invoices, including reviewing for coding accuracy.
- Review travel expense reports and supporting documents for completeness.
- Review monthly credit cards statements and supporting documents for completeness; upload credit card transactions in the Accounting System.
- Reconcile petty cash reports, bank accounts, and vendor balances in the accounting system.
- Reconcile advances, payables, and accrual accounts.
- Monitor and reconcile advances and other debits with staff and vendors.
- Calculate and prepare reports for cash transfers.
- Prepare payments and post them into the system.
- Proactively solve issues related to processing, such as correction with a journal entry.
- Communicate with vendors to answer inquiries or clarify issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with other departments to solve A/P related questions and/or issues;
- Learn and develop new work processes as the company introduces changes in systems and procedures.
- Maintain A/P document filing standards.
- Set up vendors in the system.
- Assist with audit-related activities, such as schedule preparation and providing documents as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field required.
- 3+ years' experience in accounting or finance.
- Advanced Excel skills required (pivot tables, v-lookup).
- Experience with grant or project accounting is a plus.
- Analytical skills with the ability to understand complex transactions.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, transactions, and account relationship.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds while delivering high quality work.
- Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
Grant or project accounting, advanced Excel skills, complex transactions,AP related tasks
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field required.
Wat wij bieden
€ 11,- tot € 12,-