As Process Leader Europe you will lead the entire process, from process-design until the final start of the production at the European SHINE site. For this, you take into account current European laws and regulations, therefor you work closely with the Licensing Manager Europe. Since the design is a copy of the Janesville Site, you have a lot of contact with your American colleagues. You are responsible for the European design and ensure that this is compatible with all the applicable European, national and regional agreements and standards for design, construction, commissioning and production. You map out all the advantages and disadvantages about potential locations, you relate this to financial consequences and environmental factors (such as uranium waste management, shielding and zoning requirements and environmental impact studies). In addition, you provide a compliant document management system together with the Senior Office Manager. In this role you are going through a transition from design to operation. You are able to grow with this and take the lead in leading a changing group of process engineers and eventually the total operational site. At a later stage, process engineers will be recruited to support the process leader. You report to the VP European Operations.
In order to successfully fulfil this role, you are above all a team player with excellent communication skills. You take responsibility and know how to motivate the team and growing organization in a changing and challenging organization. You are persistent in a positive way and dare to make decisions. In addition, you have the following knowledge and competencies:
- Master’s degree in engineering, or any other discipline generally associated with applied sciences, like applied physics or applied chemistry is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of process engineering experience in the higher risk industry.
- Sufficient knowledge of nuclear codes and standards.
- Must be fluent in reading, speaking and writing in English.
- Ability to identify, understand and resolve issues, problems or opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions by suing effective approaches for choosing/developing appropriate actions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work within a multidiscipline team.
- Significant travel and lodging time to Janesville and other international places. Willing to relocate on the long run, depending on the final location of the European Site.
- In possession of a certificate of conduct and a valid Dutch Work permit.
Over de werkgever
SHINE was founded in 2010 by Greg Piefer and is a development-stage company working to become the world’s leading producer of medical isotopes.
The isotope production facility that SHINE is building in Janesville, Wisconsin, will use a patented, proprietary manufacturing process to produce medical isotopes such as molybdenum-99 (moly-99), the essential component in medical imaging procedures used to diagnose heart disease and other conditions, and to stage cancer.
The SHINE technology offers major advantages over other production technologies because it does not require a nuclear reactor, uses less electricity, and generates less waste. Our technology produces moly-99 that is proven to be compatible with the existing global supply chain.
SHINE’s isotope production facility will be capable of producing up to one-third of the global patient need and will primarily serve the U.S. market. SHINE will build its second facility in West Europe. Work to identify a site for the European facility is underway. Therefor we now start with the first phase of recruitment for the team in Europe. In this first phase the team consists of a European Identification and final decision about the location of the site probably will be made in Q3 of 2020. The first year the office is located in Alkmaar, the Netherlands.
Wat wij bieden
You can be part of this new European Site from scratch. In close consultation with your American colleagues and with a small but dedicated team you are going through this entire process from design phase to operational phase. A very interesting and international key position!
€ 8.000,- tot € 10.000,-