Matching the evolution of people with the speed of the revolution of technology. This is the focus of the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering (IDE). Delft designers act as a bridge between advances in technology and the needs of people, organisations and society to create products, services and systems with purpose. IDE is a leader in design research across the application areas of mobility, sustainability and health, as well as its development of design tools and methods. A 350-strong research team and over 2,000 students work together in our inspiring hall, labs and studios. In close cooperation with industry, the public sector and NGOs we rehearse possible futures in research and education to design for a complex future.Functie omschrijving
We are looking for a programme coordinator for our faculty-wide sustainability research. Sustainability is at the core of many of the research projects that are acquired and executed in our faculty. These projects are usually carried out in close collaboration with societal partners (i.e. housing corporations, local governments, NGOs), industry (from multinationals to start-ups) and design agencies. The overarching goal of our work is to create sustainable value and impact for all stakeholders.
With the increasing enthusiasm for sustainability as a core research theme, we are in need of a programme coordinator who:
• Supports the development of long-term collaborations with other faculties and universities, and with industry and societal partners. This includes taking care of legal and financial negotiations,
• Coordinates and initiates site visits, training programmes, multilateral workshops, etc, where needed,
• Supports the development and acquisition of research projects to national and international funding bodies and industry foundations,
• Supports and helps build the creation of a faculty-wide sustainability-related communication strategy,
• Maintains an overview of the (rapidly expanding) sustainability initiatives, research projects and educational efforts in our faculty,
• Monitors developments in the outside world and helps adjust the faculty sustainability strategy & policy if needed,
• Creates links between (early stage) researchers,
• Helps disseminate our results effectively in order to create societal impact,
• Acts as organisational and business manager of the Circular Design Lab (one of the Delft Design Labs), and helps grow its potential.
These activities will be done in close collaboration with the professors responsible for growing the sustainability theme in our faculty: Ruud Balkenende, Ruth Mugge, David Keyson and Conny Bakker.Functie eisen
• pro-active personality, takes initiatives
• good communicator (both verbally and in writing)
• experience in writing research proposals to funding bodies
• understanding of and a passion for design for sustainability
• team player focused on supporting faculty members
• experience with contract negotiations (legal, financial and IP aspects)
• experience forging triple/quadruple helix projects
• having a network in design for sustainability is considered a plus
• A salary according to the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities, plus 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
• An excellent pension scheme via the ABP.
• The possibility to compile an individual employment package every year.
• Discount with health insurers.
• Flexible working week.
• Every year, 232 leave hours (at 38 hours). You can also sell or buy additional leave hours via the individual choice budget.
• Plenty of opportunities for education, training and courses.
• Partially paid parental leave.
• Attention for working healthy and energetically with the Health Coach Program.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Conny Bakker, Professor, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be addressed to Ms. Sara Bedin, HR secretary, and sent by email to secretariaat-SDE@tudelft.nl. Please include the following documents:
• A motivation letter and a detailed CV
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Uren per week: 32-40 uur per week
Salaris: € 4.406,- tot € 5.656,- per maand