For our Global KYC organisation we are looking for 2 FATCA/CRS Specialists to join our CDD team. As Specialist you are a subject matter expert within the Global CDD Pillar and responsible for activities such as creation and maintenance of global KYC Standards, Guidance, and Working Instructions. You will have an advisory role on KYC content expertise towards all key stakeholders such as Business, Operations and Delivery Tribes. You will collaborate in the design with the Guidance Designers in the CDD E2E Process and Expertise Team and work closely together with the Process Leads. You will play a leading part on behalf of the first line in discussions with the second line of defense where it concerns requirements in the KYC policies. As a Specialist you will be based in Amsterdam on a 36 or 40 hour contract, and report hierarchically and functionally to the Expert Lead CDD E2E Process and Expertise.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for the Global KYC Standards, Guidance and Working Instructions and make sure they are compliant, as well as seek alignment of these Global KYC Standards, Guidance and Working Instructions with other Pillar teams, Compliance, Delivery Tribes and other first line stakeholders
- Advise key stakeholders and global projects / programmes from a senior content expertise perspective
- Collaborate with the Guidance Designers in the CDD E2E Process and Expertise team on the design of KYC Standards, Guidance and Workplace Instructions
- Create and update the KYC Standards, Guidance and Workplace Instructions
- Provide guidance and requirements to the Delivery Tribes for development of tactical and structural solutions
- Provide input to the second line of defence on KYC Policy requirements
- Be able to implement improvements to KYC Standards, Guidance and Workplace Instructions
- In collaboration with the Global KYC Process Leads, the Specialist is actively involved in the maintenance, development and realisation of (new) products / services / functionalities for (end) user on the Global KYC structural solutions
- Apply one’s experience in marketing, strategic road mapping and adhering to target audiences in the fast-changing KYC landscape and context of digital transformation
- Be responsible for the development of craftmanship – How a job should be done
- Be the point of contact for the global Subject Matter Expert community
- Validate learning materials from the KYC Academy and facilitate training for your area of expertise
- Stimulate cross-border interaction and alignment between people, expertise teams, squads, chapters, Front-Office organisations, and service organisations both in central and local business lines
How to succeed:
- An Academic degree and preferably an accreditation or certification in FATCA and CRS, or otherwise FEC and ESR expertise areas
- Senior KYC subject matter expertise in the area of FATCA/CRS in a large multi-national environment
- Relevant track record of working in the area of KYC and thorough understanding of the current market and regulatory conditions and challenges that the financial industry faces
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the KYC subject matter expert domain with a strong expertise around FATCA and CRS
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Good communication, networking and influencing skills
- Understanding of key regulations (such as FEC, ESR, FATCA, CRS) and their respective effects on the operational landscape of KYC including the interaction with the second line of defence
- Possess a thorough understanding of the entire customer life cycle of a client within a financial institution
- Ability to build bridges and be able to span between different levels, different people and different cultures. The relationships are built on capability and trust
- A client focused attitude linked to a good understanding of how to achieve operational excellence in a compliant environment
- Proactive, Can-Do, No Surprises and Positive mind-set. Overall have a healthy work ethic and a willingness to collaborate
- Proven good communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to facilitate decision-making to help complex design topics to come to a conclusion
- Possess a track record of injecting KYC subject matter expertise, in a fast-moving, challenging environment
- Good organisational sensitivity; ability to understand and take into account the underlying issues, opportunities and dynamics of an international organisation with multiple functional lines and one hierarchical line and deal with multiple, and potentially conflicting, interests
- Ability to work successfully with multiple countries and make sure these different cultures work together as one team
Your working environment:
The Global KYC organisation is a first line of defence department providing the ING business and functions with guidance, standardised solutions in the area of KYC related regulations (on process, control, and digital solutions, etc.) as well as supporting and realising operational excellence. In the Global KYC organisation you will be working with numerous colleagues from different disciplines, geographies and backgrounds. You will be part of the support function in realising the transformation towards this global organisation and as such contribute significantly to the realisation of the One Agile Way of Working methodology within ING.
By integrating all KYC related capabilities into one functionally steered organisation, the global implementation and standardisation of the Global KYC Digital Service Platform is supported.
This Platform consists of processes, enhanced controls, shared solutions and optimised operations processing across all of the business lines. The Platform helps us to achieve a more robust KYC environment that will strongly contribute to ING’s overall response towards more stringent regulatory requirements in this area and beyond.
Within this new fast growing agile organisation the Specialist will be part of an exciting journey towards truly global standardisation within the domain of KYC. The organisation aims to deliver all aspects of KYC through a Digital Platform approach. The Specialist will be involved in the development of State of the Art solutions on relevant topics such as Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorism Financing, Fraud, Sanctions, Tax, ING’s Environmental and Social Risk policy and their global implementation across 40+ countries, affecting 36+ million ING customers. Through this, we will be able to deliver our customers an optimal KYC experience, whilst remaining compliant and in control of our risks and processes on a global scale. The Specialist will be in contact with market leading vendors and thought leaders in their respective domains.
What we offer:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24 vacation days with a 36 hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.