Are you a strong negotiator who knows the ins and outs of procurement? If so, Dow Chemical would like to meet you! We are looking for a sourcing specialist with a Bachelor’s degree who can negotiate and manage purchases. In exchange for your expertise and availability, we can offer you a salary up to €3,800 a month, as well as pension accrual and the opportunity to apply for a permanent position at Dow Chemical. If you would like to know more about this job, please keep reading!Employment agency Manpower is looking for a sourcing specialist for Dow Chemical in Terneuzen.
In the role of sourcing procurement at Dow Chemical you will manage assigned purchases within a certain area or project basis. You will be working in Dow’s Strategic Sourcing Centre to help develop and implement sourcing strategies. In the long run, you may become responsible for applying commercial agreements and related work processes. Because of the nature of this role, good negotiation skills are essential!
You can expect to perform the following tasks:
What’s in it for you?
- Negotiating purchases required to support manufacturing sites, capital projects and business partners
- Using purchase data in the system to develop tactical plans to capture value
- Resolving process and/or supplier related issues
- Providing sourcing support for Dow businesses or functions
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Interacting with sourcing specialists to develop best practices
- Identifying suppliers capable of meeting Dow’s requirements
- Gross salary between €2,800.- and €3,800.- per month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses at €0.19 per kilometre and full reimbursement of Westerschelde tunnel expenses (maximum of 75 kilometres reimbursed)
- Pension accrual through Manpower after 26 weeks of work
- Full-time job of 40 hours a week
- Fixed term Manpower contract at Dow Chemical
- Possibility of a permanent contract with Dow Chemical if your performance is satisfactory
- Free access to E-learning platform Studytube via Manpower
Living in or near Terneuzen, Hoek, Middelburg or Bergen op Zoom is a bonus, but not mandatory!The application process
- An EQF level 6 or Bachelor’s degree
- Good negotiation skills
- At least one year of experience with procurement, for instance as a sourcing specialist, materials purchaser or procurement specialist
- An excellent command of the English language (at least C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Availability of 40 hours per week
- A valid Dutch work permit that is valid for at least nine months or EU-citizenship
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag or VOG) that shows you have not committed any criminal offences
- Apply online via the “Solliciteer direct” button
- To speed up the application process, please send your CV in English
- Fill out the questionnaire that appears after you have logged in and written down your motivation
- The local Manpower office will contact you for an interview by phone or a live interview at Manpower
- Possibly, a job interview will be scheduled with you and Dow Chemical
Over de werkgever
About the company
The Dow Service Centre in Terneuzen, which employs more than 1,100 talented employees, is the international service provider for the Dow Chemical Company. The Service Centre is not located on the Dow Chemical plant, but in various locations in and near the city of Terneuzen, such as in the Dow Diamond Center. Dow’s Service Centre employees represent over 50 different languages and nationalities from all across the world. The Service Centre supports Dow and its joint ventures in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and India a wide variety of areas, such as logistics, customer service, finance, human resources, translations and much more. Not only does the Service Centre support clients during their ordering processes, they also employ people who handle tax coordination and HR activities. The Terneuzen location is part of a global service network with offices in Midland (USA), São Paulo (Brazil), Mumbai (India), Shanghai and Tianjin (China). In 2020, Dow was recognised as a Top Employer! The company supports local initiatives such as public events, festivals, and nature-related projects.
The Dow Service Centre consists of an energetic and multicultural team of talented individuals of all ages. They are all enthusiastic, curious, and enterprising colleagues!
The working hours in this position are during regular office hours.
This is Manpower
There are benefits to working through employment agency Manpower! First of all, we will contact you shortly after you apply for one of our vacancies. This means you can start your new job as soon as possible. You will also get free access to Studytube, our online training platform. Here you can develop new skills or brush up on your old ones to keep yourself in tip-top shape for tomorrow’s job market! After working via Manpower for six months, you will also start accruing pension.
Wat wij bieden
2800,00-3800,00 bruto per maand
Uren per week:
€ 2.800,- tot € 3.800,-
For more information, please contact Robin van Loon via email@example.com or call (088) 282-8128.
Bijna niets in het leven is voor mensen zó essentieel als het vinden en behouden van zinvol werk. Wat dit betekent, is v