Life Sciences Sales Engineer - English - Leiden area
The Life Sciences industry Sales Engineer will work closely with, and provide support to, the Territory customers and Account Managers in the sale of the company's products and services to the Life Sciences vertical, as well as, broader members of the pharmaceutical supply chain.
- Primary responsibility is to drive and support the sale of more complex solutions. These solutions require a more detailed understanding of complex and dynamically changing elements of the offering.
- Serve as the first level technical resource for the Field Sales force in relation to the company's products and services.
- Act as the interface between Field Sales and the Professional Services (PS) departments, which designs all the value added services to customers in the Life Sciences vertical
- Holds primary responsibility for technical sales activities: maintains direct contact and relationships with customers and collaborates effectively with the territory Sales Representative, Product Marketing, and Product Marketing Management.
- Responsible for accurately identifying and scoping the appropriate solution (hardware, software, services combination) to meet stated customer goals.
- Appropriately positioning the proposed solution in support of the sales process to both business and technical users. More broadly, the goal of the Sales Engineer is to support the wider sales activity from a technical perspective.
- Is responsible for identifying all relevant technical and regulatory issues from both the customer's and the company's perspective to ensure regulatory compliance and complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales and implementation process.
- Leverage technical, operational and sales expertise to lead, from a sales perspective, the expansion into broader, larger, more sophisticated projects and programs.
- Identify new clients who could benefit from the companay's products and services and broaden their installed service offerings within existing customers.
- Support defined sales targets.
- Thoroughly research, refine and confirm the interpretation of customer requirements.
- Listen carefully to customer's requests and define appropriate solutions.
- Scope projects and programs working together with other departments including, Product Management, Engineering, Strategic Marketing, and Professional Services.
- Write proposals and support responses to RFIs/RFPs/RFQs.
- Develop pricing together with Product Marketing Management and Professional Services.
- Support strategic marketing activities by attending and/or presenting at trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Provide training and produce support material for other members of the sales team.
- Contribute product, service, and general industry expertise to the sales process.
- Development and delivery of product demonstrations.
- Participate in the design and implementation of customer-specific programs.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- 10 years' experience including experience in project management, logistics, R&D, packaging or sales
- Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical supply chain. Have worked in or to as a provider/supplier of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong sales aptitude.
- Technical and operational understanding of Professional Services activities and the principles used.
- In-depth understanding of cold chain issues in the LS industry.
- Ability to work with cross-functional team including engineers and salespeople.
- Ability to create effective presentations in a time constrained environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Exemplary written, oral and presentation skills
- Extensive travel (~70%) - primarily in EMEA.
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist
Wat wij bieden