We are looking for a Front-End Engineer with a strong technical background and a “get-things-done” attitude who is eager to learn new technologies and join our Online Channels Grid. Our Grid, which is part of our Digital Banking service is responsible for creating the smoothest banking experience for our commercial clients, ranging from contractors to large corporatesExamples of work you might undertake
- Design and develop the rebuilding of our online platform in Vue.js
- Learn things at scale
- Collaborate with (including offshore) partners. You will be the centre of all the dynamics of working with different cultures in one Team
- Help take our new banking portal to the next level to provide freelancers and large corporations the best possible banking experience
- Get involved in architecture discussions about new technologies and tools including Public Cloud (Azure)
What skills and experience you will need
- At least (5) years of working experience in a professional setting
- Excellent knowledge of Vue.js; you have architected, developed, and tested a Vue App built by more than one developers
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5, CSS3
- Excellent knowledge of UX design principles and methodologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Easy going attitude, good communication skills and team spirit
- Fluent in English (Dutch is a pre)
We will appreciate if you have
- Familiarity with Styled components
- Comfort in TDD and other testing practices
- Having worked with a version control system
- Knowledge of any CSS preprocessor and/or framework
- An eye for details and a sense of design
- Contributed to open-source projects
- Shareable open-source contributions or personal projects which will help us in the evaluation process
What's like to work at ABN Amro?
ABN Amro is one of the leading banks in the Netherlands. At ABN Amro we aim to revolutionize online banking by providing a robust, secure and reliable customer experience to our clients. Our Grid (department of 80) operates abnamro.nl/zakelijk, an online portal that helps commercials clients (freelancers and large corporations) perform their banking activities online. You can read more about our culture here.
Our engineering values
- Know your Tech. Develop and master your craft, sharpen your tools. Be proud of your work.
- Be a team player. Offer your help, listen and seek to understand. Step up & take initiatives.
- Don't over anything. Don't over-engineer, over-analyze, you get it.
- Fail fast. Learn faster.
- Enjoy your work. Celebrate success.
Technologies we use
What we offer
- HTML, CSS (Sass)
- NodeJS, Webpack, Karma, Jasmine, Protractor
- REST Client
- Competitive salary
- Informal atmosphere with lots of room for fun
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to work on your vitality and fitness; in-house gym you can use for free
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
- Restaurant with diverse choices (or a walk around Bijlmer Arena station will come to the rescue)
- 5 weeks of holiday
Interested? Please respond to this vacancy now! For more information, please contact Thodoris Bais, tel. +31676556728. We'd like to get acquainted.