Would you like to help build a better and competitive and knowledge-based Royal IHC? Well great, then we are looking for you!
As Cost Estimator, you will not only have a great influence on closing contracts you also make sure the company stays profitable. As you can imagine this is a big responsibility. In order to be the best in our field, Royal IHC is branching out. This means we will continue to build high-quality products our customers are accustomed to, but also exploring new markets. It's an exciting and busy time for us and we are looking for a (young) professional who wants to help us achieve our goals.
As Cost Estimator, you are the link between the Sales, Supply Chain, Engineering and Production departments. You will be involved throughout the entire process of a ship's construction (from the pre-contractual phase to completion). You are responsible for cost price estimates that you supplement with information relating to financing needs, interest calculations, etc. The focus is on the bigger picture rather than the details. You identify risks, (market) changes and sensitivities, and advise on process optimisation and cost reduction. You are close to the business; you visit clients, production sites, subcontractors and stock exchanges. Occasionally, you may even board a dredging or offshore vessel.
You will be responsible for:
- making budgets for complete custom-built products
- indicating and quantifying risks
- using statistics and mathematics for the creating of cost estimating relationships
- advising on cost reductions
To be eligible for the position of Cost Estimator, you must have the following:
- completed MSc. level education in aerospace, civil, electrical, industrial, mechanical, maritime engineering, mathematics or similar
- strong analytical and numerical skills
- able to build and maintain a network both internally and externally
- excellent organisational and communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- a strong personality, persuasiveness, assertiveness, flexibility and perseverance
- ability to work under time pressure
- experience in project and risk management is a plus
- 0 to 3 year work experience in a similar company and/or industry
Voor deze functie is er geen minimale werkervaring vereist
Wat wij bieden