The senior Engineer Vehicle Functions is responsible for the Vehicle Function domain within the department Application Software.
The Vehicle Functions function area comprises functions which control driveline functionalities, such as cruise control, speed limiters and downhill speed control. Non-driveline functionalities, such as interior/exterior light functionality, battery energy management etc. are part of the work package as well.
You will be securing all the knowledge and having the technical lead within the functional domain and maintaining overview of all developments in that specific area. You will create architecture within this functional area, in agreement with the software architect. You will support the system owner application software in planning, prioritizing, analysing and evaluating software implementation. You will discuss functional requirements in your functional area with the author of the software requirement documents.
As an owner of the functional knowledge you will support embedded software engineers in designing and testing software implementation. As a central point of contact you will be responsible for planning and reporting status of issues in your domain.
The senior engineer engineer is part of a SCRUM software development team, that will also develop software functions according input requirements (model based). The models are prepared for integration into the complete application software and used for auto coding.
In this position you report to the Supervisor of the Application Software group within the department of Platform development and functionally to the system owner application software.
· Technical education on college/university level with a specialisation in control theory, mechanicalor automotive engineering
· Knowledge of embedded software design processes (according to internal and external standards)
· At least 3 year of relevant experience
· Several years of experience and good knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow.
· Knowledge of model-based design techniques is preferred.
· Experience with real time embedded systems
· Experience with scrum is a plus
· Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming
· Affinity with control system domain and application software
· Knowledge of mechatronic driveline operation (e.g. PTO, gearbox, brake control).
· Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE is a plus
· Ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skill.
· Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing.
· Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation
· You are able to explain complex technical information clearly and succinctly
· Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn Dutch language.