IQ Products BV is a biotech company, founded as a spin-off from the University of Groningen in October 1987, with a track record in the development and validation of antibodies and antibody based diagnostic kits. With a team of dedicated people IQ Products aims to contribute to better healthcare. IQ Products focuses on those products bringing innovative solutions to replace, improve or complement current diagnostics with a focus on Women’s Health.
IQ is looking for an enthusiastic and preferably experienced Technical Sales Specialist who can help realize, together with the M&S team, the organizations’ plans and projects for the future. A colleague who will be responsible to support customers using IQ’s innovative products with the focus in the area of Women’s Health, specifically focused on perinatal in vitro diagnostics. Monoclonal antibodies, with or without reporter molecules play a central role, but molecular biological techniques, like PCR, will be one of the focuses for the coming years.
The new colleague will help initiate and contribute to new sales projects, evaluate the market, do technical support and contribute to the companies communication with the (potential) customer. An active role in making and maintaining contacts with hospital laboratories and other institutes in The Netherlands and abroad is expected. In this multidisciplinary job, close communication with other departments like Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Research & Development is a necessity. Clearly, we expect the candidate to have a strong commercial drive and interest apart from the biological background.
- Initiate and contribute to sales of IQ’s portfolio in The Netherlands.
- Support the M&S team with product specific background, technical support and demo’s.
- Visits to national and international meetings and building of a network of key opinion leaders.
- Being up to date with literature and developments from the competition.
- Active participation in discussions on the development of IQ’s portfolio.
- Contribute to internal and external communication.
- Masters or PhD Degree with a background in medical biology, pharmacology, immunology or biochemistry.
- Excellent communicative skills and being able to bring projects to an end within the planned timeframe.
- Knowledge of antibodies and antibody techniques (flow cytometry, ELISA, western blot). The candidate preferably has a wider background including molecular biological techniques like PCR and sequencing.
- The candidate knows what is important in the world of in vitro diagnostics.
- The candidate shows initiative, works accurately when alone and in a team and has a commercial drive.- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills in Dutch and English are required.
- Familiar with ISO 13485 and, or FDA 21 CFR Part 820 and an accompanying QMS.
The position requires willingness to work outside office hours and to travel (inter)nationally.
IQ Products provides a varied and challenging position for 40 hours (minimum 32 hours) a week based in the Groningen office (initial employment is 12 months). An evaluation will be held after 9 months, and upon positive evaluation, the appointment will be extended for an additional 12 months with the intention to make this a permanent position. We offer a salary in line with the job description, a positive working atmosphere and training opportunities.
Are you interested in this position? Please send (all) in digital format: your application with motivation, a short curriculum vitae, copy of your master’s or PhD thesis (if available), list of projects you have worked on (with brief description of your contribution) and the names and e-mail addresses of at least two academic references to Hedy Wind by e-mail (– Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren –) before January 10th 2017 when interested.
More background on IQ Products can be found at www.iqproducts.nl or www.pregnostic.nl