At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Assay Technology Expert (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mentored by a Senior Assay Technology Expert, you will oversee the establishment and analytical validation of biomarker assays to be used in clinical drug trials programs, supporting early and late-stage clinical development in all indication areas.
- You identify suitable analysis technologies and methods and are the first point of contact for internal/external R&D laboratories, contract research institutes and reagent manufacturers
- You are responsible for requesting and reviewing validation reports from service partners and ensuring their biomarker assay quality, following the fit-for-purpose principles of assay validation.
- Your area of responsibility includes the definition and establishment of reference materials and control material, as well as corresponding acceptance criteria, to ensure that assays meet the analytical requirements for the defined area of application.
- You initiate and lead internal assay development and validation experiments and prepare validation reports, including assay transfer to internal laboratories or external service laboratories.
- You oversee the execution and evaluation of analyses of clinical study samples and are responsible for the preparation of analysis plans and reports.
- With your broad expertise in the use of molecular biomarker technologies (in particular: NGS, Multiplex-IHC, Single Cell Imaging, Spatial Transcriptomics) and the necessary validation parameters, you advise and support the project team in implementing a successful biomarker strategy
- You support the data transfer of the results into the clinical database or the biomarker original data archive (BMDA) and monitor the quality of the biomarker data
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in biochemistry, pharmacology, molecular biology, immunology, genetics, cell biology or a related life sciences subject.
- Several years of professional experience, especially in the research and/or clinical development of biomarker projects. Ideally, experience in an industrial setting.
- Experience in the development and implementation of complex molecular assays, such as NGS methods (Whole Exome, RNA-Seq, targeted sequencing) and/or IHC-Multiplex/Spatial Transcriptomics and the processes from sample to bioinformatics (analysis of complex data sets/ sequence data)
- Experience of working in a quality-controlled laboratory environment is an advantage
- Innovative and creative mindset to enable assessment of the latest analytical platforms
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills and enjoy working in a team
- Fluent spoken and written English
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Germany : Berlin : Berlin
Reference Code: 784582