Enterprise Technology provides reliable, secure, and resilient technology services and solutions to support over 300,000 EY people. As part of Enterprise Technology, you’ll be at the forefront of enabling innovative technologies including emerging collaboration tools and world-class technology infrastructure.
Our aim is to build an outstanding customer experience with clear investment in innovation, alongside operational excellence that delivers efficient, quality services and solutions. You will work with technologists and business specialists to meet the increasing pace of our business. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
The Tax Service Delivery Manager (SDM) plays an integral and wide-ranging role in the delivery of the services provided by the MST to the Mercury User Community. A SDM is required for each of the business process or functional areas which form the backbone of the Mercury solution, namely Finance, Procurement, Service Delivery / Engagement Management and Customer Relationship Management. As such, the SDM should have deep techno-functional experience in one or more of the in scope functional areas. This experience should include specific and detailed knowledge of configuration in SAP, gained through both program implementation and support, and the technical integration of SAP with other applications, including data transfer and interface management via SAP PI/PO and other middleware solutions.
The SDM will have full responsibility for the end-to-end business process chains, in the functional area for which they are accountable, which are managed and executed via the Mercury solution and more particularly within SAP. From a day-to-day operational support perspective, the SDM should ensure the timely and satisfactory resolution of production impacting incidents within their own functional area or where cross-functional incidents required their input. The SDM must work closely with the functionally aligned / process aligned support teams which form part of the service delivered by the AMS vendor. Similarly, they must work closely with the EY Technology Portfolio Service Delivery teams, where there are incidents involving applications which are dependent or impacted by the Mercury solution. As such, the SDM will take the lead role in the restoration of service and investigation of incidents with of critical or high priority and must ensure that specific actions are agreed and undertaken to determine the root cause and then deliver the relevant fix safely and without impact on the production environment.
Your key responsibilities
The Service Delivery Manager scope of responsibility includes supporting their functional area to ensure the success of the technical and process solutions across a large global client base. In this capacity, they may direct team members toward a common solution, coordinate the activities with other functional and technical teams and work with the global clients to understand the necessary requirements for product and service improvement.
- Oversees all aspects of the process and product or sub-product
- Manages impacts to other processes and products
- Leverages feedback solicited from the business into workload prioritization efforts
- Oversees products (Tax) update and enhancement lifecycle with emphasis on demand, requirements, and validation
- Participates in requirements review, validation activities, test case reviews, and user acceptance testing for functionality developed by the Program
- Manages functional incidents and service requests through full lifecycle (through closure)
- Provides technical incident, service request, and problem tickets management oversight and prioritization
- Provides technical solutions leveraging Onesource and/or SAP functionality to drive proper tax determination and reporting
- Oversees SLA compliance for all workloads and re-prioritizes tickets if necessary
- Understands and assesses the financial impacts of incidents related to disrupted product processes – assisting the business to work through complex errors and reconciliations
- Analyzes batch failures/errors and summarize findings in reports to the business
- Advises and assists L2 resources as needed
Skills and attributes for success
In this role, the SDM will have responsibility for the tax functions of the Mercury Solution. From a technology perspective, this role covers SAP integration with Thomson Reuters’ Onesource (formerly Sabrix) and/or native SAP for indirect & withholding tax determination, as well as Onesource, SAP ECC, and SAP BW products for tax reporting. From an industry perspective, this role covers global tax policies and procedures in a professional services environment.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in a large business system environment, performing business analysis, business development, and/or project systems management with a preferred focus on SAP tax module as well as third-party tax engine (Onesource preferred, or Vertex) integration with SAP, as well as SAP ECC FI (Tax, new GL, AP, AR, FA), SD, MM, and VIM
- Direct experience with reporting across key countries (Intrastat, EC sales list, etc.)
- Expertise and direct experience with capabilities of Onesource Reporting as well as SAP ECC and BW reporting
- Working knowledge of Sales and Use Tax, GST/VAT and withholding law, statutory filing and compliance, and audit requirements across the globe
- Ability to rely upon and build a network of SMEs to assist in conducting research and validating business requirements
- Proficiency to demonstrate solid communication skills, and prior experience working with key business stakeholders/leadership
- Flexibility in working schedule to meet demands of a 24x7 production support environment, including peak demand periods such as accounting period-end close and statutory filing deadlines
- Project management training, practical application, business analysis, sales, marketing, business development or relationship management experience is preferred
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Direct experience with technical execution of indirect tax procedures and withholding tax configuration for key countries (special focus on localizations within more complex tax regimes)
- Direct experience in complex management activities, such as business development, application development/deployment
- Direct experience in managing staff
What we look for
The Service Delivery Manager acts as an ambassador for the technical solution in their respective functional area(s) across Mercury. The SDM will provide expertise and guidance in relation to technology-enabled business products. They will own the integration of their Mercury designated specialty with other modules and will assist in managing initiatives, projects and third-party consultants working within their functional area.What we offerWe offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $104,200 to $189,000. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $125,000 to $214,800. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.