We're on the lookout for the curious, those who think big and want to define the world of tomorrow. At Amazon, you will grow into the high impact, visionary person you know you're ready to be. Every day will be filled with exciting new challenges, developing new skills, and achieving personal growth.
How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you'll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow.
At Amazon, you will define your goals, exceed them, and set new ones.
If you're insatiably curious and always want to learn more, then you've come to the right place.
We continuously grow and improve.
We want to you to feel welcomed, included and valued right from the start. We know that your experiences will help us build a better world.
Though we're a global company comprised of diverse individuals, we unite around our pursuit of to deliver on behalf of our customers.
As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to impact the evolution of Amazon technology as well as lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security - just to name a few.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout internship. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your project and learn in a real world setting. Many of our technologies overlap-you would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers.
If this sounds interesting, come chart your own path at Amazon!
Key job responsibilities
* Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative products and services.
* Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
* Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
* Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
* Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
* Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
About the team
If you're insatiably curious and always want to learn more, then you've come to the right place. Depending on your location, country, job status and other requirements, some or all of the following benefits may be available to you as an intern.
- Competitive pay
- Impactful project and internship/role deliverables
- Hybrid working (team dependent)
- Networking opportunities with fellow interns
- Internships events such as speaker series, intern panels, Leadership Principles sessions, Amazon writing skills sessions.
- Mentorship and career development
Internship start dates vary throughout the year.
Internship length can vary between (3 month - 6 months)
Applications and Assessment Process: Selected candidates will be invited to an online assessment, if successful you'll attend a virtual interview consisting of a combination of interviews and case studies, focusing on our Leadership Principles. This selection process is subject to change and varies on role and location.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and leveraging our unique perspectives to scale our impact and grow. Amazon has 13 affinity groups (https://www.aboutamazon.com/affinity-groups), sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. With executive and company sponsorship, these groups play an important role in building internal networks for creating a community, advising Amazon business units, leading in service projects, and reaching out to communities where Amazonians live and work.
Want to know more about our opportunities? Visit our EMEA Student Programs Team Events page to register for one of our upcoming events: https://amazonstudentevents.splashthat.com/careers