IS Technical Specialist Fixed Telephony
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The primary role of the IS Technical Specialist for Fixed and Mobile Telephony is to apply IT knowledge and expertise to help solving difficult technical topics. The Specialist is a key resource, a definitive source of knowledge about the service and solutions, who con-tributes their expertise to enhance organizational efficiency and support the organization’s vision and strategic direction.This position reports to
IS Service ManagerYour responsibilities
- Takes action to ensure targets are met within established safety and quality procedures, corrects malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and external resources to make sure services are delivered in a proactive way.
- Installs and tests new versions of the system software, investigates and coordinates the resolution of potential and actual service problems.
- Prepares and maintains operational documentation for the system services and advises on the correct and effective use of the services.
- Is consulted, gives advice, and supports the installation of IS services, or the changing of existing IS services. When involved, delivers the appropriate IS solution/service according to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs), in time, in budget and at quality.
- Is responsible to act in compliance with Corporate IS Regulation and IS Policies; with ABB Regulations and ABB Guidelines of which accountability and responsibility for this position are derived; and with any other Internal Control regulations that may be assigned.
- Works closely with suppliers providing a part, or even completely, the service. Engages proactively with suppliers to resolve incidents, problems, or unsatisfactory performance, and implements suppler management related service improvement initiatives and programs.
- Monitors and reports on supplier performance and customer satisfaction. Validates that suppliers’ performance is in accordance with contract terms.
- Keeps knowledge up to date regarding new and emerging IS technology and industry practices, bringing learning into ABB; all within the area of responsibility.
- Work with carriers and telecom vendors to provision and track POTS lines, voice circuit installations, changes, disconnects.
- Work with facilities and telecom vendors to assist with quotes for phone related items
- Work with telecom vendors and leasing companies on the procurement of new phone systems
- Work with carriers and ownership of facilities that are be acquired to transfer service
- Work with facilities, carriers, and telecom vendors to assist with repair and outage issues
- Well, networked with various carriers, fixed network, cloud, and mobile communications
- Maintain records of all circuit information Create and maintain location phone information spreadsheets
- Work with Accounts Payable and the carriers to assist in resolving billing issues
- Audit telecom invoices for contractual compliance, charge variances, and accuracy
- Strong communication skills ensure the maintenance and improvement of information and knowledge effectively and efficiently for the convenient usage of the information and knowledge throughout the organization
Global Business Services (GBS) is ABB’s shared services organization which delivers operational and expert services in Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Legal, Global Travel Services and external Customer Contact Centers. With employees based in five main hubs and front offices, GBS provides mainly Business services to ABB teams across the globe as well as supports with external customer inquiries. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid