Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
We are searching for Software Development Engineers with passion for building easy to use large-scale enterprise cloud software. have a good understanding of modern data structures and algorithms and experience with distributed systems or high performance computing with a desire to apply those skill sets to core . The candidate will help participate in code, design, development and testing of the product architecture.
Our cloud data warehouse Amazon Redshift manages all the work needed to set up, operate, and scale a data warehouse, from provisioning capacity and installing software to monitoring and backing up the cluster, to applying patches and upgrades. With Redshift Spectrum, our customers can easily data from Amazon S3, thereby scaling their warehouse out to Exabytes and allowing them to integrate data in all kinds of file formats from their data lake into their analytics.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
· Work on the latest technology, as we constantly build the latest research concepts into Redshift.
· Be part of something big, as you are working on a key pillar of AWS's extensive service portfolio and thousands of Amazon Redshift customers benefit from your contributions.
· Learn from the best, as you are working on challenging engineering tasks in a team of very experienced experts that are close to support you.
The candidate will have an opportunity to choose to work with one of the teams mentioned below:
· Redshift Data Management: Work on the Data Management layer that spans from main memory, to local storage, to cloud object storage (Amazon S3) and encompasses all the data life cycle operations (i.e., commit, caching, prefetching, snapshot/restore, replication, and disaster-recovery). Our work lays the foundation for making Amazon Redshift the fastest cloud data warehouse in the world.
· AWS AQUA: Work on a new distributed accelerator that provides the foundation for a next wave of performance improvement and innovation in cloud-based analytics. AQUA, Advanced Accelerator, was designed from the ground up to minimize data movement by using large, high-speed caches, custom hardware, and by pushing reduction and aggregation computation closer to rapidly expanding analytics data. This new capability enables AWS Redshift to run up to 10x faster than any other cloud data warehouse.
· Redshift Spectrum: Work with highly distributed execution on data directly in S3 which allows our customers scaling their warehouse out to Exabytes and allowing them to integrate data in all kinds of file formats from their data lake into their analytics.
· Redshift SQL : Work on internals such as rewrites and execution and optimize billions of queries every day.
At Amazon, we strive to create an environment that makes every team member feel welcome and valued and enables everyone to perform at their best. This includes:
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 3+ years of experience in professional software development.
· Experience in writing system software in a systems language such as C or C++.
· Bachelors or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
· Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
· Proven ability to write high-quality code that is robust and easy to maintain and experience in debugging, diagnosing, and trouble-shooting software.
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science.
· Experience delivering and operating large-scale, highly available distributed systems such as Impala, Spark SQL etc.
· Experience with internals especially optimization, and execution.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.