Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Interested in Amazon Echo? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
The Applied Modeling and Data Science team is seeking a talented, self-directed Build & Release Engineer to join a team owning a wide array of highly impactful speech and language applications in every language, providing thousands of customers the ability to interact with Alexa in the most natural way possible by building and enhancing NLU models.
The team is a multidisciplinary group of language engineers, scientists, and business people engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver new features. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment.
· Manage and perform end-to-end model build and release workflow and lifecycle in fast paced and agile environment
· Responsible for on-call duties during peak and non-peak hours, deploying fixes, and handling high-sev issues with Research Scientists and Language Engineers
· Will work with other team members (Data Scientists, Research Scientists, SDEs, BIEs, Product and Program Managers) investigate workflow andprocess improvements, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
· Assess risks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
· Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
· Conduct release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go reviews
· Manage key information such as publishing and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
· Maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
· Investigate and recommend and drive forward the adoption of best practices for maintaining code quality, including code review workflows, code coverage measurement and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools.
· Influence the team’s technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to the team’s priorities.
· Contribute to larger org-wide projects and advise partner teams.
· Continuously evaluate and adopt industry standard MLOps Tools.
· Identify and develop tooling improvements.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or 5 years of related technical experience.
· 3+ years of Release Management experience with current industry technologies, building and maintaining automated pipelines
· 2+ years of experience driving release processes across multiple applications, regions, and technologies.
· Solid knowledge of distributed version control systems (DVCS) such as Git and Mercurial.
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python or PERL.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and industry best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Knowledge of continuous integration and deployment process and techniques.
· Familiar with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
· Familiarity with MLOps tools and Data version control.
· Familiar with SDLC or similar methodologies
· Familiar with releases across many integrated and distributed teams
· Outstanding written, presentation, and communication skills as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks.
· Understanding of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Improvement processes
· Quantitative analytical abilities
· Strong organizational skills
· Comfortable with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a dynamic environment working across multiple teams and organization