Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in storage & computing, customers can reliably store their data on Amazon’s proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that enables customers to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere in the world. It provides all customers access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of websites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to the customers.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager (SDM) to join our new team in Berlin, Germany to help us build a next generation product. The ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity that cloud computing represents, and is passionate about delivering quality services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities can shift fast. You have a strategic focus, yet retain hands-on management as you build your team. You have had success leading operational services and are ready to apply that experience at even greater scale. You will own the goals and roadmap of your engineering team and will have a major stake in the strategic direction of your software. You will be working with customers to design and build the technology that powers applications that you love like Airbnb, Netflix, Uber, and many more.
If this sounds like you, come join us and help AWS continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.
Work-life Balance - Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we’re all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
On-Call Responsibility - S3 services are highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our normal operations. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have on-call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, so you can focus on your day job when not on-call.
Mentorship & Career Growth - We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. We can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture - We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon’s 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+
As an SDM and service owner in Amazon S3 , the primary responsibilities of this role are:
· Leading your team with an inclusive culture and create a sense of belonging.
· Owning your team’s product roadmap from ideation to post production operation.
· Hiring, developing, and growing your team of talented engineers. A successful service starts with a great team, and delivering through others is your primary responsibility.
· Defining and executing on a roadmap for your service. You’ll know and talk with your customers on a regular basis, as well as using data and metrics to understand how your service is used, and build and deliver on a roadmap that delights them
· Making the operation of your service safe and sustainable. Leaders in AWS know the details of their service and prioritize the right improvements to keep things running smoothly.
· Project ownership. You’ll drive execution of projects within your team and work with your peers to keep everyone aligned. You’ll clearly and transparently communicate status to leadership and get help where needed to keep your team unblocked.
· Contributing to the overall Amazon S3 leadership team. You’ll be part of defining our culture, ensuring our teams have everything they need to be productive and excited to work at AWS, and helping to drive local and global initiatives that improve life for all our teams.
· Providing on-call product support
We are looking for a Software Development Manager for an area of strategic importance, significant business impact, and executive visibility at SVP level.
You will be working on a major strategic product for S3 and will develop new features with a brand new team in Berlin, Germany. You get a unique opportunity to work on new storage products, while building a new team and shape its culture and operations. This is an opportunity to work on the latest industry trend at S3 scale and shape the way how customers use S3 for their applications. It is quite literally Day One for this product where you get the opportunity to work with S3’s largest and most technical customers to define and drive the next minimum remarkable product (MRP) launch and beyond.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
· 10 years+ of industry experience managing large software development teams
· Several years of experience managing managers or leaders within development teams
· Proven track record of high-scale hiring and talent management (not dotted line) on teams of multiple disciplines/job families (such as development, operations, testing, and/or product management)
· Proven ability to dive deep into software and systems architecture
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong understanding of/experience with big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, HDFS)
· Systems engineering experience (e.g., virtualization, hardware design, operating system tuning)
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
· Strong performance engineering fundamentals
· Many years of interacting regularly and directly with senior executives
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Strong systems operations skills
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals
· Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field