Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Interested in Amazon Alexa? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. As part of our speech and language team, you will work alongside internationally recognized experts to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to build and advance state-of-the-art spoken language understanding systems. Your work will directly impact millions of our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
Key job responsibilities
· Design, development and maintenance of key system features.
· Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software in rapid increments.
· Refactoring existing software, establishing architectural principles, selecting design patterns.
· Optimizing processes to run efficiently on large-scale computing resources.
· Working with software engineers and scientist to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
A day in the life
Our mission is to create a delightful experience to Amazon’s customers by advancing the state-of-the art in Natural Language Understanding (NLU). You will gain hands-on experience with Amazon’s large-scale computing systems to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
As a Software Engineer you will design and deliver software components and end-to-end systems that let Alexa learn from data more quickly.
You will collaborate closely with experts in machine learning and contribute to advancing the state of the art in human language understanding systems. (A background in language technology is not required for this role.)
About the team
We’re building natural language solutions for Amazon Alexa. Our innovation impacts internal Amazon developers and end customers of Alexa and other Amazon services in multiple languages.
The team is composed of scientists and engineers who jointly develop prototypes and production models/tools.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable vocational training.
· 2+ years professional experience in software development.
· Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, object-oriented design, and problem solving.
· Excellent programming skills in at least one modern programming language, such as Python, C++ or Java.
· Experience using Unix/Linux.
· Dependable written and oral communication skills (English).
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers. Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through launch.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective.
· Experience influencing software engineers and promoting best practices within your team.
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
· Extensive experience with Python.
· Experience with machine learning, or computer simulations in science and engineering.
· Experience with high-performance / high-throughput computing.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.