Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
The Alexa International organization is looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and independent technology policy and product leader with excellent judgment to join our Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) team. As Principal, Alexa Trust you will work horizontally across the Alexa org and with our product, operational, and technical teams to apply and communicate internal and external content and safety policies. You will take the lead for EMEA developing a coordinated approach to sensitive content across the local Alexa experience identifying gaps and proposing scalable, explainable solutions. You will coordinate across Amazon’s business, locally and globally, to develop and implement positioning and engagement strategies. You will represent Alexa externally, engaging with stakeholders such as media, regulators and government officials on matters related to privacy and sensitive content. The role requires fast-paced research and crisp writing that can convey critical analysis of the scale and scope of policy options available. An ideal candidate will have worked in policy areas with a high degree of ambiguity and complexity, will be comfortable driving highly visible policy decisions and representing them with senior internal and external audiences and will have experience working on issues affecting a pan-EMEA audience.
The role may be based in London, Munich, Berlin or Luxembourg.
Key job responsibilities
• Oversee development of internal and external policy content and guidelines for EMEA customers and developers as well as internal policy guidelines and resources.
• Communicate policy tenets and decisions to senior internal and external stakeholders, including senior Alexa and Devices leadership, EMEA-based media and regulators.
• Critically analyze inputs from internal stakeholders, including international and legal & PR teams, as well as define long term regional and localized policy stances, standards, and strategies.
• Regularly participate with external policy makers, trade associations, key opinion leaders, and councils.
• Significant years of demonstrated success and subject matter expertise in product, public policy, or legal with an emphasis on the technology industry.
• Experience working directly with media, regulatory agencies, government or NGO institutions.
• Written and spoken fluency in German and English.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Geopolitical knowledge the EMEA region and multiple years working on content policies for that region.
• A working understanding of policy-making processes and government relations.
• Experience working with consumer technology brands that have global impact, presence, and scale.
• Experience working with public policy stakeholders, as well as experience managing multiple policy issues.
• Strong judgment and decision-making skills.
• Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• High personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity. People in your industry regard you with the strongest professional reputation.
• A self-starter who can take general direction and produce specific results.
• JD, MPP or other Advanced Degree.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.