Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way databases are built for the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services? Amazon Aurora offers MySQL and PostgreSQL compatible relational database engines that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. It provides up to five times better performance than MySQL or three times better performance than PostgreSQL all at a price point one tenth that of a commercial database while delivering similar performance and availability. We are looking for software developers who are passionate about databases and large-scale storage system technologies, and excited about building database systems that run across thousands of servers across multiple datacenters worldwide. These are core systems development positions where you will grow to own the design and development of significant system software components critical to our industry leading database services architected for the cloud. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed database systems that provide availability, reliability and performance guarantees. This is a hands-on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You need to be not only a top software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing business and help shape the technology and the product.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· B.S / M.S / Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field with research experience/focus in advanced databases / query processing areas
· Database engine internals (storage): indexing, access methods, concurrency control, logging, caching, transaction processing, replication, backup restore, buffer management
· Database engine internals (query processing): query compilation, optimization, execution, parallel execution
· Distributed systems: consensus-based quorum replication, NoSQL system implementation
· Candidates with strong interests and academic qualifications / research focus in file and storage systems, compilers, operating systems, networking, computer architecture, etc. are also encouraged to apply.