Amazon Web Services has an immediate opening for a Sr. Program Manager to help AWS continue to grow our cloud computing business and make an impact in the Public Sector in Germany and the DACH area (Germany, Austria, Switzerland).
The successful candidate will be an exceptionally strong communicator, both written and verbally, and will lead multi-discipline project initiatives. They will have successfully delivered complex project deliverables including managing cost, scheduling and performance for portfolios, programs, or individual projects. The candidate will be comfortable managing remote project delivery teams, and possess the ability to troubleshoot project implementation issues, and remove barriers to project success.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Define, build, and manage Public Sector Programs
· Work closely and communicate effectively with partners, AWS sales, business development and partner teams, and AWS teams in Germany, DACH, and around the world using a variety of mediums
· Drive program implementation with internal and external stakeholders; proactively communicate with senior and executive level stakeholders
· Own customer relationships to drive government transformation programs
· Work across sales regions to understand functional and technical requirements to ensure the successful delivery of the program(s)
· Develop and track multiple programs and key performance metrics
· Identify opportunities to improve our internal tools and processes, including driving automation of repeatable work, and increasing overall team efficiency
Location: preferred location is Berlin; other options in Germany may be discussed.
· Significant project management experience including the following disciplines: scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management.
· Exceptional analytical, quantitative and presentation skills.
· Exceptional communication skills in German and English; both verbal and written.
· Bachelor’s level degree or equivalent experience.
· International professional experience.
· Fluency in German and English.
· Experience working with digital transformation or providing technology solutions for the Public Sector in Germany.
· Familiarity with Cloud and AWS.
· Masters or certification in public administration.