Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
As a Senior Applied Science Manager on this growing team, you will take on a leading role in the Natural Language Processing (NLP) teams for Amazon Search. We are developing NLP components that cover a wide range of languages, from English and other Indo-European languages to Turkish, Arabic, Japanese and many more, and play a central role in search query processing, product description indexing, string normalization and vector embeddings for queries and products.
You will guide global-reaching teams on the use of machine learning, tuned on terabytes of product and traffic data, to build or improve NLP technology that we integrate with the production search engine and evaluate using techniques like A/B tests. You will work with the Amazon Search leadership to set direction for the NLP approaches, model architectures and training methods, balancing business-defined performance indicators with the needs of millisecond response times. You will propose and explore publication-worthy innovation.
You will build relationships with stakeholders and partner teams across multiple countries, analyze data for trends, track down the source and meaning of anomalies, select suitable rule-based or machine-learning based techniques and advise team members as they make improvements, closing the loop through data, model, application and customer feedback.
· Define standards for the analysis of customer-focused problems in an industrial setting
· Guide team members and the leadership team on accurate, efficient and innovative NLP/ML solutions
· Publish the developed innovative solutions in leading academic scientific venues in NLP/ML
· PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related quantitative field.
· 10+ years industry experience building successful production software systems.
· 7+ years of applied research experience.
· Experience with one of the following areas: machine learning technologies, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and related applications.
· Proven ability to implement, operate, and deliver results via innovation at large scale.
· Experience communicating with executives and non-technical leaders.
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, statistics and system design.
· Experience working in data or applied science in a consumer product company
· Experience using Java or C++ writing production-ready code
· Familiarity with Deep Learning and machine learning frameworks such as SageMaker, PyTorch or TensorFlow
· Experience in low-level optimization of large-scale neural networks
· Fluency in one or more languages other than English
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.