Amazon is seeking an experienced Software Development Engineer to help start a new program that will unlock a large business opportunity in Europe. This position offers a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an Amazon-scale engineering project, with direct benefit to our customers.
The project spans a deep technology stack, from front-end mobile apps and website, to back-end web services and third-party integrations, and touches multiple phases of the customer journey. You will partner closely with our product managers, technical program managers, and UX designers, as well as business stakeholders and partner technical teams across Europe and the US.
Our team is based in Berlin, Germany’s multicultural capital, and largest city. With its varied background and rich history, the metropolis offers a world class selection of restaurants, museums, music venues, and open air events, alongside its internationally unparalleled nightlife. In the recent years, Berlin became one of the main European centers for startups and tech companies, while remaining one of the most affordable major European capitals, making it one of the preferred destinations for expats.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 3+ years professional experience in software engineering.
· Fluent in CS fundamentals, including design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
· Knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, or Python
· Written and spoken proficiency in English.
· Experience designing large-scale distributed systems, web services, and/or web applications.
· Proficiency with front-end technologies such as AJAX, jQuery, JSP, React, HTML and CSS.
· Experience developing mobile application on iOS or Android.
· Full SDLC experience, including DevOps.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.