Senior Electrical / Electronics Engineer
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
About the Team
Our engineering team work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where no day is ever the same! This is a rare opportunity to not only work with some of the industries brightest engineers in defence, but it’s an opportunity to join Australia’s largest land defence contract ever awarded – Land 400. With the need to grow our team, we are looking for experienced and passionate engineers to develop the capability here at RDA.
About the role
The Senior Electrical/Electronics Engineer is responsible to design, integrate, and verify hardware systems, subsystems, and components for various Rheinmetall platforms, such as BOXER and LYNX. We are looking for experienced engineers who demonstrate a high level of competency and independence to carry out the electrical design for military platforms.
As a Senior Electrical / Electronics Engineer you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Deliver a solution for COTS\MOTS and\or custom electrical\electronic systems\sub-systems\products in accordance with requirements;
- Evaluate vendor equipment, prepare and analyse test reports;
- Document the design and implementation details;
- Participate in formal and/or lead informal design reviews;
- Support creation and review of system\sub-system requirements;
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines to agree to designs, interfaces and protocols;
- Identify and/or support business improvement initiatives for the Electrical/Electronic Engineering function;
- Support estimation for bidding activities, including helping to define and shape scope;
- Coach and mentor junior Engineers to develop their skills and capabilities;
- Provide professional peer reviews on engineering designs and artefacts;
- Provide support in the creation of new work packages and resource estimation;
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures;
- Develop and improve company policies and procedures;
- Manage technical risk and stakeholder relationships; and
- Take reasonable care of your own health and safety and report any concern(s) which may give rise to danger, and/or any injury which may occur in the workplace.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Über den Arbeitgeber
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence prime with rapidly growing operations across Australia and New Zealand. We deliver specialist capability to the Australian and New Zealand Defence Forces in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment through our three divisions; Vehicle Systems, Electronic Solutions and Weapons, Ammunitions & Protection.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes through employee diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work successfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background. Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer.
Rheinmetall AG, publicly listed and based in Düsseldorf, Germany, is a powerful, internationally successful corporation. As an integrated technology group, Rheinmetall is a market leader in the areas of environmentally friendly mobility and threat-appropriate security technology. Rheinmetall commands a foremost position as a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry for modules and systems. Furthermore, Rheinmetall is Europe’s foremost supplier of defence and security technology and a longstanding partner of the armed forces.
Was wir bieten
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Safety, Partnering, Openness, Respect and Trust. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, or related discipline;
- 7+ years’ experience in electrical / electronic systems development;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as contribute in a professional team environment;
- Well-developed problem-solving skills, including the ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risks;
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills with outstanding strong attention to detail;
- Strong levels of initiative, self-motivation and aptitude to learn;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organisational objectives;
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships across all levels, with a strong customer focus;
- Demonstrated sound work ethic and ability to follow direction;
- Exposure to electrical standards for delivery of engineering designs;
- May require the ability to travel domestically and internationally; and
- Hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Security clearance (must be an Australian Citizen).
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich