Satellite Communications Project Engineer (m/f/d)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This role is based at Rheinmetall Communication and Simulation Technology Pte Ltd (RCST) in Singapore. RCST is a 100% owned affiliate business of Rheinmetall Integrated Electronic Systems in Bremen Germany.
The Satellite Communications Project Engineer is part of a team of engineers responsible for the design, integration, test, acceptance and support of satellite monitoring systems.
The team is responsible for end to end engineering process to deliver satellite monitoring systems to clients worldwide.
The team works in close co-operation with the engineering team in Germany.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to work with high technology satellite communications intercept domain, working in a highly skilled international team, with prestigious international customers.
- Undertaking of assigned engineering tasks
- Implementation, control and monitoring of all assigned project activities including :
- Development of system requirements documents
- Development of verification and acceptance documentation
- Conducting factory system integration and acceptance
- Creating procurement specifications for bought out items such as IT hardware, cables and satellite communications components
- Monitoring and underwriting the quality of all client deliverables
- Producing training materials for operation and maintenance of the equipment
- Supporting customer site installation and acceptance
- Providing technical support as part of a pre and after sales service
- Remote and onsite support for trouble shooting
- Support to customer proposal generation and bid cost estimation
- Developing close relationships with client technical team Developing close working relationships with the engineering team based in Germany
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Über den Arbeitgeber
Person of Contact:
Till Frederik Dening
Lead of Integration and Servicemanagement
Phone: +65 6572 9491
Was wir bieten
WHO WE ARE
Digitalisation, networking, cyber – the Electronic Solutions division covers the entire chain of effects in the system network: from sensors and the networking of platforms and soldiers to the (partially) automated connection of effectors. This is complemented by solutions for protection in cyberspace. Other fields of activity of this Rheinmetall division include comprehensive training and simulation solutions, to which the company contributes over 40 years of experience. Furthermore, there are operator solutions for aircraft. The division is divided into the following business units: Air Defence & Radar Systems, Integrated Electronic Systems and Technical Publications.
Rheinmetall AG, publicly listed and based in Düsseldorf, Germany, is a powerful, internationally successful corporation. As an integrated technology group, Rheinmetall is a market leader in the areas of environmentally friendly mobility and threat-appropriate security technology. Rheinmetall commands a foremost position as a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry for modules and systems. Furthermore, Rheinmetall is Europe’s foremost supplier of defence and security technology and a longstanding partner of the armed forces.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Completed university studies, master's degree or diploma or acquired by other means with 3 years of professional experience in a similar field and, if necessary, completed appropriate further training
- Experience and knowledge of Inmarsat, Thuraya and VSAT systems
- Strong RF knowledge of antennas, passive and active components
- Experience of conducting site surveys using RF monitoring receiver and spectrum analyzers
- Technical understanding in the fields of satellite communications technology, IT components and IP Networks
- Experience in design and testing RF infrastructure particularly in Satellite communication systems
- Knowledge and experience of working with IP networks - routing configuration installation, monitoring and analyzing (e.g : Cisco and Aruba)
- Knowledge and experience of the Linux environment, VMware (Vcenter & Vsphere), Docker virtualization - configuration, installation, verification and analyzing
- Understanding of the importance of document quality control (e.g : Sharepoint, SVN, Confluence, etc)
- Good computer skills (SAP, MS Office)
- Business fluent in written and spoken English
- An clear understanding of the importance of project cost control, cost management and risk management
- Experience of working on complex system projects
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich