Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
We are looking for a creative, analytical and results-oriented Head of Music Industry for Germany and Austria. The role will be responsible for all aspects of the Amazon Music business in Germany and Austria, with direct ownership of Label Relations, Artist Relations (including Amazon Original content), Content Programming, Editorial, genre-specific initiatives, and the MP3, CDs & Vinyl businesses.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas reach tens of millions of consumers worldwide. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Amazon Music Prime, Amazon Music Free and more. Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in streaming, and customer engagement.
We are looking for a creative, analytical and results-oriented Head of Music Industry for Germany and Austria. The role will be responsible for all aspects of the Amazon Music business in Germany and Austria, with direct ownership of Label Relations, Artist Relations (including Amazon Original content), Content Programming, Editorial, genre-specific initiatives, and the MP3, CDs & Vinyl businesses. They will work closely with the Head of Marketing for Europe to develop and deliver a growth and marketing plan for Germany and Austria, with the aim of building Amazon Music’s customer base. They are also responsible for delivering a culturally relevant, localised experience for music fans in Germany and Austria. This role will work with multiple teams across Amazon and Amazon Music influencing and leading partners to think big, invent and simplify, and deliver results.
We are seeking an experienced leader of leaders that has a proven track record mobilizing cross-functional teams, planning, and delivering results, plus a drive for testing, learning and making insight- and data-driven decisions. You will need to possess an entrepreneurial ability to try new and different things with minimal direction. Overall, you will be challenged to push boundaries, propose and execute new ideas and establish best practices for Amazon Music.
· Accountable for Amazon Music customer growth in Germany and Austria, including shared ownership of Customer Acquisition and Engagement goals with the Head of Marketing.
· Shared P&L ownership for Amazon Music in Germany and Austria with the Head of Marketing. To include ownership of the P&L for Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, Amazon Music’s ad-supported tier, the digital music store, and CDs & Vinyl.
· Directly manage the Label Relations, Artist Relations, Content and Editorial budgets. Shared ownership of the Marketing budgets with the Head of Marketing. Demonstrated ability to maximize spend to achieve business goals.
· Build and maintain senior level relationships across the Music Industry in Germany and Austria.
· Build and maintain senior level relationships with other Amazon teams. This role is expected to work closely with the Prime, Video, Audible, Devices and Physical Media teams, and retain close contact with the German country manager.
· Act as a PR spokesperson in Germany.
· Hire and develop a high performing, diverse team.
· Significant relevant work experience, ideally in music or other subscription services.
· Demonstrated success in leading and managing a team.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, or relevant field of study or equivalent experience
· Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining senior level contacts.
· Broad commercial awareness developed in a fast-moving environment.
· Strong leadership and people development experience.
· Ability to absorb and use data to drive fast accurate decisions for the customer.
· Excellent communication and proven analytical skills.
· Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
· Fluency in German and English. Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
· Experience of operating and collaborating in a fast-paced, cross-functional matrix global organization.
This role may be based in Berlin or Munich.